• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

speedo correction/power programmer

toplesssvt

Mar 29, 2005
Just curious, I just installed my new 4.30's and I'd really like to get my computer to tell me the right mph. The shop who installed my gear for me told me ton contact B&M motorsports and they can reprogram my computer for the gears, and even play with the engien timing a bit. Now I was thinking it might be better to buy a programmer to do this, considering I don't want to have over advanced timing and be knocking all the time. So I guess what I would like to know is, which programmers will allow me to adjust for my gear, and actually give me some more HP, or am I asking for tooo much ;)

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Elgin, IL
99 Cobra Convert
3" MAC exhaust
CAI
4.30 rear end

95 Crown Vic
just lots of miles :O

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Advancing the timing is one of the ways of getting more power out of the car. You can also adjust the A/F ratio if it's too rich. Both ways can get you more power. Most of the programmers will make these adjustments. I think most of the programmers will also allow you to correct for the axle ratio. If you ONLY want to correct the speedometer error, the Speedcal is the way to go. I have one installed in my car and the speedometer is once again correct. I bought mine from Brother's for $20 less than Dallas Mustang but if I had to buy one now, I would get it from Dallas Mustang and pay the $20. They are a better company in my opinion. Brother's instructions were awful and they actually sent me to Dallas Mustang to download the better instructions.

D

Doug

toplesssvt said:
Just curious, I just installed my new 4.30's and I'd really like to get my computer to tell me the right mph. The shop who installed my gear for me told me ton contact B&M motorsports and they can reprogram my computer for the gears, and even play with the engien timing a bit. Now I was thinking it might be better to buy a programmer to do this, considering I don't want to have over advanced timing and be knocking all the time. So I guess what I would like to know is, which programmers will allow me to adjust for my gear, and actually give me some more HP, or am I asking for tooo much ;)

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Elgin, IL
99 Cobra Convert
3" MAC exhaust
CAI
4.30 rear end

95 Crown Vic
Joe,
This is Doug over at Sutton High Performance, If you get a moment give me a call and i can give you a couple of ideas of ways that we can correct you speedo along with giving a couple more horsepower. When you get a moment give me a call and i can get you some options and some pricing.
Thanks Doug
708-720-8500

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
toplesssvt said:

Thanks in advance,
Joe
Elgin, IL
99 Cobra Convert
3" MAC exhaust
CAI
4.30 rear end

95 Crown Vic
I bought the hypertech power programmer and it took care of mine
(I had 4:10) and needed to recalibrate :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info