• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Questions about Acufab Throttle body

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Thinking about purchasing one. Have a few questions. I have a custom rev chip from Speed inc. Do I need to retune after this mod, and what Kind of results should I expect w/my mods: 2.75RR pulley w/idlers-JLT RAI-Mac prochamber o/r h pipe-Flowmaster Cat back.

I have a pretty conservative tune: Kind of an idiot when it comes to reading A/F ration graphs-but it looks like 11.5 to 12.0 across the whole RPM band

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
From what I know, you do not need a retune for a new throttlebody. It's not adding any performance, just changing the way it reacts.

I've heard it's not a power-adding mod, but just helps throttle response a lot faster.

But hell, I don't have one so who am I to talk about it????

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
ILLINI-SVT said:
From what I know, you do not need a retune for a new throttlebody. It's not adding any performance, just changing the way it reacts.

I've heard it's not a power-adding mod, but just helps throttle response a lot faster.

But hell, I don't have one so who am I to talk about it????

I thought a throttlebody lowered the pressure since they are larger diameter than standard OEM and thus confused the MAF and required a tune.

Also, although in may not be required or benifical in added HP w/ a Eaton, it may add HP w/ a Whipple or KB IMO.

Why not contact Speed and ask them?

C

CobraJD

Accufab TB

cobravenom39 said:
Thinking about purchasing one. Have a few questions. I have a custom rev chip from Speed inc. Do I need to retune after this mod, and what Kind of results should I expect w/my mods: 2.75RR pulley w/idlers-JLT RAI-Mac prochamber o/r h pipe-Flowmaster Cat back.

I have a pretty conservative tune: Kind of an idiot when it comes to reading A/F ration graphs-but it looks like 11.5 to 12.0 across the whole RPM band
I have one that I am selling if you are interested?? It is a Accufab polished and it is only has 2000 miles one it. E-mail me if you are interested at : [email protected].

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
I thought a throttlebody lowered the pressure since they are larger diameter than standard OEM and thus confused the MAF and required a tune.

Also, although in may not be required or benifical in added HP w/ a Eaton, it may add HP w/ a Whipple or KB IMO.

Why not contact Speed and ask them?

I will be going with a KB 2.4 or the newer larger Whipple VERY soon.

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
Wait until you get a new MAF to go with the TB. It is best to tune to make sure your air fuel is OK. Sutton gives the SCT tune for $200. If you are going to get a KB, try to have everything at the same time and then get one tune. You will have to consider injectors too because your stock injectors will be working at more than 85%. Consider carefully before you throw money at your car. The best investment would be the KB.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info