• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Goodyear F1's splitting?

Phyxius

Mar 21, 2004
I have had two Goodyear F1's go flat on me, they were leaking right at the edge of the tred and sidewall both tires I had developed two holes aproximately 10 inches apart in the same area of tred.

I have talked with at least two other lightning owners that have had the same problem. I'm woundering how many of us have had the same problem and just thought it was a freak occurance and just went out and bought another tire without contacting Goodyear. I'd like to comprise a list and contact Goodyear about the defect and see what if anything we can get out of them.

So please post up if you have had the same thing happen.

Lee

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I just had one go, as you know, bulged in between the treads near the edge of the tire.

FYI, Just Tires did tell me they'd warranty it, prorated at 50% based on tread left.

Anyone want a brand new F1? I may go get it fixed, but I'm going with different tires anyway. So it'd be for sale at a discount.

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
and there's no unusual tread wear in that area,
as something sim. happened to my buddy Jason,
with his F-1's and it had to do with a improper
alignment :dunno:

if this is not the case, I would further look into what you could have done about this, maybe start at Ford, to see if there may be something that can be done to help you out, unless they were bought aftermarket :dunno:

Phyxius

Mar 21, 2004
I just talked to the guys at Discount tire in Naperville on Ogden today when I had them swap out my bad one for a new one that I odered from Tire Rack, and He called Goodyear and they said it was ok for him to cover it, so He's letting me hold on to the tire untill I'm ready to buy a pair of nitto 555DR's and he will put the money towards them.

Then I mentioned to him that you had the same thing happen to you, and that I had it happen on another tire. Well it came up in the conversation that I belonged to a lightning club. That's when he told me that they do alot with car clubs and would be willing to give us some awsome discounts on tires and wheels, we would just have to come to his store. So if everyone is interested I can get us a club discount.

Lee

ILLINI-SVT said:
I just had one go, as you know, bulged in between the treads near the edge of the tire.

FYI, Just Tires did tell me they'd warranty it, prorated at 50% based on tread left.

Anyone want a brand new F1? I may go get it fixed, but I'm going with different tires anyway. So it'd be for sale at a discount.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Do you guys remember back when Firestone recalled their SUV tires? It turns out that their light truck tires had the same tread separation problem. I had 3 different Firestone tires throw their tread including one that only had a few thousand miles on it. One of the treads took out my fuel filler tube as it came off the tire. Firestone wanted me to send them the tires at my expense and they said they would evaluate the tires and let me know their decision. I didn't want to release the tires to them so I sent them pictures and talked back and forth for a year. End result, they refused to replace the tires or do anything for me. Hopefully Goodyear will be more receptive to your complaints. I will never buy a Firestone tire again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info