• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Turbo set-up question..

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
VenomInside said:
I am just kickin around ideas in my head right now... I was wanting to look into turbo set-ups for the hell of it.. Now what are some good company's what would i need engine wise etc..
From what I understand, turbos are not even remotely in your near future (unless you're expecting a REALLY NICE 21st Birthday present). If I were you, I'd concentrate on getting yourself properly pullied.

Just my $0.02 Mikey.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Single Kits - PTK, MMR, X2C

Twin Kits - HP, IC

Looking at 7K for the kit, then add a fuel system capable of handling it, tuning, install, suspension modifications, tranny modifications, etc....count on 10K to do it right without even touching the motor or rear end.

Although you could just plunk 6K down on a HP kit, run mild boost with a BAP, Injectors and SCT MAF and make 700rwhp :dunno:

I agree with Lawrence, worry about the pulley first big guy :)

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
http://www.inductionconcepts.com/Mustang03Cobra.php

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/

One of the two will take your stock blower and accessories and knock the price down considerably.

Keep in mind these kits come with two turbos, plumbing, tubular k-member, headers, coil-over conversion kit, and everything else you need. The power they make is amazing. I think someone on modularfords said they are making 600 hp on 10 pounds of boost with the timing backed way off. I can't remember the exact numbers but they were pretty impressive.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
wtw5974 said:
The car is not designed for turbos to begin with. just about Any twin and or single setup you will need to modify the front end of the car in general. :)
Im just saying that you can ONLY use the AJE with the HP kit. While IC is building their kits to also work with the beefier, more streetable, more road course friendly MM and Griggs K-Members

Not everyone drives drag queens :p

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
Not to mention the IC twin turbo kit looks kick ass compared to the HP kit. They'll also take your stock blower kit and give you the turbo kit for $5000. Anyone wanna buy a brand new, still in the box, KB with bap, two pullies, and 60# injectors for 4 g's?

Both kits are outstanding though and worth the price.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Heres a post of mine from today, on another board where the IC vs. the World was brought into play.

hj16 said:
Like someone has already said since when was taking your time a bad thing?

IC is on their 3rd design for their kits. That three seperate kits, none of which use the same parts. Everything is designed to fit perfectly, and to fit with EVERY Tubular K-member, not just one. Rad wont start production till its perfect, thats something I respect.

I mean, just look at these custom Headers...
pass_header4.jpg

pass_header10.jpg

driversheader2.jpg

driversheader14.jpg

Oh and how about their new STANDARD at no additional cost Race Intercooler...
newraceic15.jpg

newraceic7.jpg

Just look at these Welds!!! :drugs:
coloredweldbead5.jpg
coloredweldbead7.jpg

coloredweldbead1.jpg

coloredweldbead3.jpg

That shit is just incredible, Id be happy to wait to get that kind of quality :beerchug:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info