• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lets talk clutch's..

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I got a Spec Stage 3i and I have finally gotten used to used, or it has finally broken in. I fucked up and kept the stock input shaft (know one on modular fords was talking about that when I ordered it). Anyways the spec has a lot of shudder, but I'll tell you what, I can powershift the shit outta it w/that clutch. It's like a different car.

My stocker was so fried at 11,000 miles that I had to have the tranny replaced and I KNOW how to drive stick. tThis is my second Cobra and fourth Mustang. My first 5.0 was on the stocker clutch when I traded it in w/ 149,000 miles.

03TorchRedCobra

gnxs said:
CF Dual-Puck, PP & TOB, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, 26 spline input shaft. So far so good on my car.

Eddie (venomousracer) and Trey193 on ModFords, among others, have the same setup and last I heard they were having good luck too.

Do you have the part numbers you used to order the items above? Might help others from ordering wrong part numbers.

Thanks

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03TorchRedCobra said:
Do you have the part numbers you used to order the items above? Might help others from ordering wrong part numbers.

Thanks
Mine is a Dual-Puck, which is supposed to be stronger than the Dual Friction. Is that what you were looking for? I do have the part #'s from the place(s) I ordered the stuff from, but I have them on my home computer.

Would you like me to post them when I get home?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
The cheapest place to buy the whole CF Dual Puck setup with everything you need (including the 26 spline input shaft) is LFP. Now that LFP has set things somewhat right with Dana, I feel I can mention them again. They have the whole setup that they sell as a package deal.

I bought my parts from three different places:

1) The clutch, pp, TOB and pilot tool I got from J & M Speed in California for about $350 (909) 688-7110. You might be able to chew them down a little bit from the first number they give you.
2) I got the 26 spline Input shaft direct from Liberty for $240 (313) 278-4040
3) I got the Fidanza Flywheel for $329 from D & D Performance (248) 735-6220

03TorchRedCobra

gnxs said:
The cheapest place to buy the whole CF Dual Puck setup with everything you need (including the 26 spline input shaft) is LFP. Now that LFP has set things somewhat right with Dana, I feel I can mention them again. They have the whole setup that they sell as a package deal.

I bought my parts from three different places:

1) The clutch, pp, TOB and pilot tool I got from J & M Speed in California for about $350 (909) 688-7110. You might be able to chew them down a little bit from the first number they give you.
2) I got the 26 spline Input shaft direct from Liberty for $240 (313) 278-4040
3) I got the Fidanza Flywheel for $329 from D & D Performance (248) 735-6220

Thanks a bunch. I know of guys that ordered the parts separately and when they put them together they found they had the wrong parts. This will help to prevent that.

So many parts so little time.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03TorchRedCobra said:
Thanks a bunch. I know of guys that ordered the parts separately and when they put them together they found they had the wrong parts. This will help to prevent that.

So many parts so little time.
Here's the invoice that Eddie (venomousracer) gave me for the clutch components from J & M Speed. I ordered the same parts, but the prices had gone up a bit. These are ONLY if you are getting a 26 spline input shaft:

clutch.jpg

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
You might give Speed INC a call if you have questions on this setup. They just installed all of these things in my car yesterday. I have the Centerforce DF clutch and TOB, Spec billet steel flywheel, and Liberty 26 spline input shaft. The clutch feels great so far but I haven't really beat on it, YET.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
dun4791 said:
this post helped me to decide on the 26. But im getting centerforce # DF148075. How is this part different than the CFT360075? It is my understanding if you purchase the PP and disc seperately there is no warranty from centerfoce. Correct?.............Lyle
The dual puck and dual friction designs are slightly different. I went with the Dual Puck because many people (including some of the shops I spoke with) said it should be a little bit stronger clutch than the DF. I know alot of people with both setups and everybody I know has had good luck with theirs. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info