• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

tunes

tom03Cobra

YEEOWZZAA
Dec 13, 2004
I'd recommend someone with lots of experience with L's. They cannot take the abuse the cobra motor can. My old Lightning had about the safest tune in the world By Brian at the old Apten, I drove to St Louis and he tuned it. I had Mac CAI, Ported Blower (old, old, design), 6lb lower, and flowmaster cat back. On only 14 degrees timing (L's make the power at 17 degrees, but get close to kaboom), with an a/f that went from 11.5-11.0 did 421 RWHP and 500RWTQ. I wass very pleased as it was my daily driver. And eveyone loved the sound (although near redline it got a little raspy) and loved how the 4" tips of the exhaust filled the opening

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
you need the predator in order to get a custom tune, canned tune form the predator is garbage, i advanced the timing and pigged the fuel before i got my custom with my 6 lb lower on, but SCT or predator is the way to go, i mentioned James@RWTD in my former response who is a great tuner, he charges like 100 for a custom i have 4 saved on 2 computers at home for just in case reasons but he nailed each of them on the head without a dyno or my truck being there..... get the predator and a tune from james and you will = :headbang: :biggthump :clap: or try Sutton :dunno:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
SvtTj85 said:
I would go with FLP than Speedinc..

I would STAY AWAY from FLP for FI Ford applications.

Check out some of the Cobra dyno sheets they have posted for some customer cars (the two Cobras), look at the A/F and let me know if you'd want that tune in your car. :argue:

I'm no tuner, but it looks awful dangerous to me.

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
gnxs said:
I would STAY AWAY from FLP for FI Ford applications.

Check out some of the Cobra dyno sheets they have posted for some customer cars (the two Cobras), look at the A/F and let me know if you'd want that tune in your car. :argue:

I'm no tuner, but it looks awful dangerous to me.

not to mention when i had my SS they wanted to sell me there half ass headers and tin foil gaskets, for 1200 i took my $$$ else where and spent half that for full exhaust and extra mods, GNXS what were the A/F sitting at 14.0??? :lmao: they got some young punk tuning them, they also blew an ex friend of mines 5.0 up after he spent 8K on the NEW motor, and they burned it up and didnt pay a dime to fix it or replace it and it only had 50 miles on it if that.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info