• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How many HP is a midpipe worth after 2.76" pulley & tune? Is stocker choking me?

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
How many HP is a midpipe worth after 2.76" pulley & tune? Is stocker choking me?

I just got a Billetflow Non-slip 2.76" & 100mm idler installed with a SCT XCalibrator tune at Sutton High Performance. Dyno numbers were 455 RWHP & 474 RWTQ with a VERY conservative tune (timing wise) & A/F (Max 11.8). Good peak numbers and huge gains under the curve compared to stock pulley. I am very happy with the numbers, but of course I want more.

How many HP am I leaving on the table with the stock midpipe? I am considering a Maggie catted-X if I am confident that I will get 10-15 HP.

How many HP is an Accufab worth at this point? Or should I just port the stock TB when I get the Steggy port? I really like the look of the Accufab, have they figured out the sticking throttle thing yet?

I am very happy with the job that Sutton did with the tune, it idles better than stock and runs like a raped ape , I am just looking for 475 ish at the wheels before I go to the Steggy port, any ideas or pointers out there for another 20 HP? Thanks in advance

Jason

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be orderin me one of them there x pipes soon :D
How about gains from an Accufab, 10rwhp maybe :dunno: Maybe I'll just wait till the Steggy port and port the stocker, 5-6 hondo for a TB is a bit much at this point, when the blower & TB port is $500 :(

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
firstsvt said:
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be orderin me one of them there x pipes soon :D
How about gains from an Accufab, 10rwhp maybe :dunno: Maybe I'll just wait till the Steggy port and port the stocker, 5-6 hondo for a TB is a bit much at this point, when the blower & TB port is $500 :(
With Single Blade TBs people have shown gains of 20rwhp, gains of 0rwhp, and losses of 10rwhp. The main idea behind getting a TB is to increase throttle response to give the car a snappier response. Most 500rwhp Eaton cars are running around with stock TBs. Although the aftermarket ones do look awesome :cool1:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info