• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

818rwhp/893rwtq

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Taken from Turbomustangs.com now that their forum is back up:
tt03cobra said:
We just finished dynoing my hp twin turbo 03 cobra, i could not believe with a stock 01 intake, stock 01 throttlebody, 95mm maf, 2.5" exhaust, STOCK HEADS, CAMS, and INTERNALS, Pretty much a stock motor, w/ Twin Turbo kit. She made 818rwhp-893rwtq @ only 5000 rpm because it started to go lean, so we bailed out. Focus pumps were maxed out. Also the car was on stock timing. Another amazing thing is that it idles like a stock cobra and it is so quite under idle too you would even know it was runnin "SLEEPER"!!!
tt03cobra said:
first off thanks guys, second it was at 21 psi, with 75 lb injectors,60mm turbos, air to air intercooler. i was really kinda bummed when he couldn't make a full pull but then when i realized what numbers he made i almost fell over. you got to love the cobra motors.

Good Times :cool1:

I think I could live with trading Bark for Woosh :)

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
ford2001svtL said:
wonder how long it will hold up.... it would be funny to see a re-cap in 3 months when they had to replace the internals.
Im not saying it will hold up. I personally think its retarded to go that far without touching the motor. The point is that a stock motor can make that power. Stock Heads, Stock Cubes, Stock Compression, Stock Cams.... its impressive.

Personally Id toss in some Oliver Billet I-Beams and some CP Pistons before ever putting that kit on.

S

Shane97Cobra

hj16 said:
No idea, although I cant imagine it being anywhere near 20

Yeah, I'm just curious. In reality, 20* total wouldn't be unsafe at all for a stock cobra. What is max boost with stock pulleys...say 8PSI, it's intercooled and has good internals w/ only what 8.5:1 compression? And the stock tune is usually fat as hell. I'm sure ford's tune is several degree's safer though.

Now throw 12 more PSI at that and leave timing at 20* or so, on pump gas I see a good chance for problems. Will make some GOOOD numbers until it does. Blower cars LOVE timing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info