• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Heat exchangers

BlueOvalBill

Jan 24, 2005
10th03cobra said:
I have heard lots of bad things about them, ask DANA.

Also - I am the guy you saw in the Blazer the other day in Naperville. I work at NIU on Diehl rd, well have to do luch with Larry (GNXS) who is at Tel Labs on day.

How's your experience been with your LFP HE?

Any recommendations for a better HE? Gords Ford seem to be popular.

I'm glad you stopped and introduced yourself the other day. Lunch one of these days sounds great.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Mine is not on the car yet, but looks nice. Just don't want to do business with companies that screw our members.

ChicagoMike has the Gords. From what I have heard its one of the best ones. Search here or www.svtperformance.com.

BlueOvalBill said:
How's your experience been with your LFP HE?

Any recommendations for a better HE? Gords Ford seem to be popular.

I'm glad you stopped and introduced yourself the other day. Lunch one of these days sounds great.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
dun4791 said:
Speed has a GP for the LFP exchanger. What are the thoughts? Afco, Gords LFP??????
I would say the Gords is the best unit out there. It's certainly the largest and has the most capacity. I went with the Afco unit and am happy with it's performance and the fact that it bolted on in about 30 minutes.

It's easier to install than a Cold-Air Kit and my IAT2 temps are very consistent, even after a few back to back runs.

If you must have the best, then I say the Gords. If you want a nicely priced, easy to install piece that offers significantly better performance than the stock unit, you should consider the Afco.

My $0.02.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i have an early gords unit and the install was a snap. to do it over again i'd get one fan-ready and i'd buy the fan kit too.

im goofy. it takes five minutes to get the front bumper cover off and i swear its easier to install that way. but hey, thats me.

i have leftover gold coolant and a jug of distilled water; it only takes a small amount to fill the intercooler subsystem.

this is one of those mods where i'm not sure if i would have done it so early to do over again. its got a nasty point assesment. between the big fat heat exchanger and my subframe connectors with jacking rails, my lightly modified car fits in an autocross class against heavily modified cars. I would be way more competitive in Y/Stock or Y/Prepared instead of Y/Modified where I'm classed now. I guess that just means I need to exploit the rules and go for more mods!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
There's obviously a lot more to this. I wish I knew but somehow don't think I need to.

I thought our units were very good, I remember reading that Ford gave us a good one so why is it that people upgrade?

Here again I thought the need for a bigger heat exchanger only pertained to 15+lbs of boost or more?

Please advise since like all of us I am tying to spend a little money getting ready for this season and if a 2.80 requires it then WTF I'll buy one EH?

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
AFCO all the way

dscn0246.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info