• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Wheel hop cures

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
The MM IRS bushings helped a little. I wouldn't say the made it hop less often, but a lot less violent.

Nitto DRs helped a TON.

QA-1 adjustable shocks helped a lot, too. The key with those though is finding a setting that is stiff enough to fight off the hop but soft enough that it doesn't jar your fillings out every time you hit a bump. I've been running them on 6 on the street and will crank 'em up to 10 at the track.

With those 3 things I would say I got rid of 90% of the hop. I am still contemplating switching to a solid though for the strengh and weight loss besides the hop. If it wasn't going to be a $3000 ordeal I'd be out in the garage doing it right now.

If I give up on the solid I guess I'll bite the bullitt and do the diff bushings, etc. and level 2 or 5s.

Anyone know anything about this kit from Steala (or where you can buy the original???)

Attachments

• IRSsubframebrackeet-150.jpg
    IRSsubframebrackeet-150.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 170

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
dun4791 said:
Carl Did you do the billetflow hop fix shock brackets yet? Can you take a pic? Do they just bolt on? Would they be easy to fabricate? Sounds like they are getting good feedback on svt perf. Lyle

They are actually just bushings. When installing the new Strange shocks, you use the steel sleeves from the stock shocks along with these bushings provided by Billetflow to replace the sleeves and bushings that come from Strange.

So far people are reporting good results, I can't wait to try them out...

Here is a pic.
hopfixbushings.jpg

wtw5974

What in the Hell?
Mar 2, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
QA-1 adjustable shocks helped a lot, too. The key with those though is finding a setting that is stiff enough to fight off the hop but soft enough that it doesn't jar your fillings out every time you hit a bump. I've been running them on 6 on the street and will crank 'em up to 10 at the track.
Is the higher the number the softer it is on those shocks?

wtw5974

What in the Hell?
Mar 2, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
Normally, yes but not us lucky Cobra owners "blessed" with IRS. We are trying to get LESS movement in the rear and thus, hopefully less hop.

10 is the stiffest setting. I don't think they compress much at all at that setting.
If Ford didn't mount the IRS to the stock live axle mounting points. We wouldn't have half of the problems with the IRS, but ho well. This just goes to show the difference between to doing things cheap and doing things rite. :rolleyes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info