• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cliff?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Man, I had to backtrack to find it. Here it is: http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17037&highlight=brass+fitting

Bross03cobra is the guy who commented as well as dgussin. They suggest Home Depot and Autozone. If you can't find it at those places, There is a huge plumbing supply place in the building next to mine in Orland. It's on 70th Ct. and 157th Street. Cooper is the name of the company.

Let me know if you want me to stop in there and see if they have one.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Here you go, Lyle. I did an internet search. I know nothing about the company but they look legit.

http://www.cornerhardware.com/item_262810/Merrill/Merrill/3/4-Brass-Tee.html

188892.400x265.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Here's a pic showing the mod. Only the passenger side head has the coolant outlet from the factory. The cooling mod knocks out the freeze plug on the driver's side and you add the fitting and hose and T into the passenger side return line. This gives you coolant return from both sides instead of having the coolant sit in the driver's side [7 and 8 cylinders].

00-00-1074625240-MVC-002S.JPG

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
so when are you doing my car, cliff?

Flyn high again said:
Here's a pic showing the mod. Only the passenger side head has the coolant outlet from the factory. The cooling mod knocks out the freeze plug on the driver's side and you add the fitting and hose and T into the passenger side return line. This gives you coolant return from both sides instead of having the coolant sit in the driver's side [7 and 8 cylinders].

00-00-1074625240-MVC-002S.JPG

The part you pointed to on the pic is about 35.00 from the dealer. The part im talking about is just a brass tee fitting with barbs on all 3 ends to accept a 3/4 ID heater hose. I had to order 2 cuz they were 8.90 and they had a 10.00 dollar minimum on the website. With shipping they were 25.00. so if anyone wants one give me 10.00 and its yours. If anyone wants the plastic tee that came in the apten mod you can have mine. ill save it in case someone wants it. Lyle

If ANYONE is going to do this mod dont get it from apten the parts are about 60.00 plus running around to get them apten wants 125 shipped thats what i paid but noone else i knew had done this mod yet.

Parts needed
Ford # XR3Z-18B402-DA
2 feet of 3/4 ID heater hose
1 brass or plastic tee fitting 3/4inch barbs on 3 sides
4 stainless worm gear clamps

Dont want to see anybody else spend 70.00 needlessly

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
I'm half tempted to do the mod myself even though I have no need to pull the transmission or clutch out. Just for the fact that the car is on 4 jack stands and easy to work on and I got a lot of other parts off. :alcoholic

The girlfriend doesn't understand why a $37k car needs so much work and parts. :dunno:

Cliff-yes clutch fly and adjuster parts here. Waiting on brass Tee and im going to put new PP bolts in all other bolts look good so need to find those and get an alignment tool or dans 10 spline shaft he took out-getting close to having everything i need

John-whenever you want. A weekday or weekend day whats better? Only thing i think you would need is jack stands n trans jack mine are kinda tied up right now or wait 2 or 3 weeks and i should have mine back on the ground.

Vince-no need to pull clutch out just the trans. Your car doesnt NEED these things. If she doesnt understand get a new GF. But its not a bad job you could do it in a day. The exhaust is the worst if you didnt use anti sieze IMO

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
dun4791 said:
Parts needed
Ford # XR3Z-18B402-DA
2 feet of 3/4 ID heater hose
1 brass or plastic tee fitting 3/4inch barbs on 3 sides
4 stainless worm gear clamps

I'm going to order that Ford part for $25.51 from a vendor. Anyone else want one and I will put a order in for you also. I can mail it out or meet up @ Sutton Dyno day or whatever. I will also order some of those brass tee fittings if there is an interest.

Lyle, do I need to get any bolts, or does the Ford part come with bolts to mount it?

Vince

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info