• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

830hp-880tq SAE.... thanks to MD motorsports, kenne bell and jlt!!!!

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Well, since everyone knows already, I think Ill spill the beans. The race that was lined up with the ams hustlers is no longer going to happen because they found out about the car anyway so here it is.

Click the link in my sig where it says "click here" for the complete mod list.

Here is the full story.
I went to MD to drop my car off for a 2.2 blower and that was it. I planned on running 19psi and a 125 shot and making over 700rwhp. Well the kb went on and they did a compression test and it was a little low in 2 and 5. Not way low, not hurt, just not perfect and Im a perfectionist. The bad part is, my ride already left and Im 3 hours away from Cinci. So Ken drives me to a hotel on the way home and I spent the night there. In the morning, he picks me up and takes me to the shop. I was calling for a ride because I know some people all across the US, including Cinci. Then bad turned to worse. My phone went dead. So Ken offers, and takes me to Radio Shack in the middle of his work day to get a charger!!!! To make a long story short, I charged my phone and called a friend and was picked up within the hour. Before I left, Ken told me the car would be done within the new year and he got to work pulling the motor that day

He got the car basically done way before new years, then before the blower went back on, we were waiting for word from 5.0 magazine about an article, so that delayed the car for a week. If the were going to do the article, we were putting the 2.2 on, if not, we were going straight for the 2.4 (long story) Well the magazine didnt want to do the article so the car could have been finished in the next day but then I added a few more things here and there to the car, delaying it even more.

Then we had some stupid issues with the car and we were stumped. My friends on this board through talking on aim tried to figure it out, we couldnt. I called Ken at Kenne Bell and he talked to me after hours via pm and phone until we got it figured out. Also, Ken at kb talked to Ken at MD to make sure they were on the right page, sharing datalog info and this and that. Amazing customer service from both companies.

We decide the 12" filter I have on the car in the engine is causing unnessisary heat so I pm Jay (tucker) with JLT and tell him to call me asap. He literally calls me 10 minutes later!!!!! He talks to me for a while and I decide to have him overnight me the new JLT cai with the 12" filter in the fender. Again, amazing customer service!

So here we are, the car was tuned for the street with low boost (<20) (630hp-615tq SAE), then for higher boost (708hp- 690tq SAE) then higher boost and nitrous (830hp-880tq SAE) just to see the capabilities of the motor and kens hard work and research. We both set out to make 800rwhp and acheived it but it was pushing his conservative attidude so he lowered the shot and ended up with a more safe 805hp-860tq SAE. For this power, a return style fuel system is reccomended to remain safe and Ken has a killer combo which I am doing in the near future.
These combo's arent exactly what I am running on my car because I want the car in one piece for a long time. A custom return fuel system is going to be done on my car in the future to make more power safely. Now Im sure there are some guys on here who strictly race and want a radical combo but that is your way and this is my way. All the tunes had less than 20 timing in them and VERY safe sub 11.5 a/f's so there is WAY more power to be had for someone who wants to push the car hard.

Now after spending alot of money and Ken and MD doing a lot of work that has never been done before and acheiving a rwhp plateau, we are going to keep these combos to ourselves and anyone who wants real hp needs to give MD a call! Ive spend a lot of money messing with different parts to find out what works and what doesn't.

With that said, the cars mods are clear (click the link in my sig), Ken at MD took the car in, tore it apart and made it retarded. He will not be talking about the cars mods or posting any graphs up, if you are serious about spending money and want the power, give him a call and he will build you one hell of a car, for one hell of a price.

Add up all the mods you have done to your car.... I guarentee people have spent over $15,000 on their cars, especially the high hp guys. This motor is bullit proof, and the combo is SAFE! It will last for a long time! Im not for certain but for around $15,000 you can have unlimited amount of power including a safe return style fuel system.

As far as how I am getting the car back... Im getting it back with a similar combo as we tested, over 800rwhp with n20 and over 700rwhp on motor. The car is not going to be sprayed that much if any, in fact, they may take the n20 off my car so I dont get tempted to spray the bitch all the time. Ken is conservative as am I and we think it is better to keep the spray on hold until the return fuel system is installed!

I will give you all a taste of what MD can do. I will be posting a graph in here of my daily tune, <20psi, 15 timing and sub 11.5 a/f. The curve is SICK, when I shift the car, it never drops below 600rwhp SAE!

So if you want a fast car, trust ken at MD and he will take care of you. Best customer service out there as I talk to him on his PERSONAL cell at least 3 times a day. Just dont bug him about the car, if you are serious, take your car there and give him your credit card and tell him what you want!

With all the changes I have done to the car trying to post a definate time as far as getting the car back and making a video is out of the question. I feel like the kid who cried wolf because I keep setting a date then pushing it back, so when I get the car back, I will post it up and go from there! Im in no rush to get it back as they are going to fine tune it a little more. The a/f looks like he drew it with a ruler!

Big thanks to ....

Ken and Brandon at MD motorsports
Ken at Kenne Bell
Jay at JLT

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info