• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Torque spec?

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
anyone know the torque specs for the bellhousing to block and flywheel to crank on the cobra ?
Also anyone verify PP to Fly at 33 ftlbs with additional 60 deg turn on 2nd pass around. and trans to bellhousing at 26 ftlbs.
You guys that have done this what color loctite?
gonna get started tearing it apart tomorrow afternoon.

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
dun4791 said:
anyone know the torque specs for the bellhousing to block and flywheel to crank on the cobra ?
Also anyone verify PP to Fly at 33 ftlbs with additional 60 deg turn on 2nd pass around. and trans to bellhousing at 26 ftlbs.
You guys that have done this what color loctite?
gonna get started tearing it apart tomorrow afternoon.

Hope this helps: (I had to compress one file due to size)
Looks like the specs you have are correct!

Attachments

• Disc & Pressure Plate.pdf
    217.9 KB · Views: 70
  • T56 Transmission Installation.zip
    349.7 KB · Views: 85

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
blubyu said:
Hope this helps: (I had to compress one file due to size)
Looks like the specs you have are correct!

That does help. I went over to Lyle's today and gave him a hand pulling his trans and clutch. Next up is the Apten cooling mod. BTW, anyone who does this mod-be prepared for a rush of antifreeze after knocking out the freeze plug. Even after draining the antifreeze through the petcock, there was still a lot left in the block. I never saw Lyle move so fast. LOL! Damn, those flywheel bolts were tight. Took two of us to hold the flywheel and crank on the socket wrench. It's also a LOT easier to get at the starter bolts when you jack up the front of the engine a little and have one guy guide the socket onto the bolts while the other guy holds the other end of a long [very long] extension w/swivel from the front of the engine.

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
blubyu said:
Here's the Flywheel. Looking for the other.......

Can't find anything on the clutch housing. Closest spec shows 20 lb-ft for the two inspection cover bolts. I looked over and over and they just don't list the torque spec for the clutch / flywheel housing to block bolts. Trans to Adaptor is 26 lb-ft, maybe the same adaptor to block?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info