• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stainless Works GP!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Copied...

Dave King said:
We are doing a GP for Stainless Works exhaust products. We need a minimum of 6 people that are willing to purchase headers and the exhaust system. You don't have to purchase everything, you can purchase the parts individually. (see prices below)

Stainless Works offers a complete exhaust system (long tubes, X pipe, and True 3" cat back system w/4" tips). I believe this is the only system that offers a complete 3" exhaust for our 03-04 Cobras.

Quality
You wont find a better set of headers (16 gage 304L stainless), or Exhaust (18 gage 304L stainless). This system fits perfectly too. I believe its the only true 3" exhaust you can get.

Tested results
A guy locally in Pittsburgh just installed this kit. He went from 354 stock to 398 hp & from 346 to 375 ft-lbs. He also saw pretty significant gains across the entire tq curve, particularly above 6K. At 6500 He gained 80 hp & 64 ft-lbs. This was done at Stropes Speed shop near Pittsburgh and the results can be verified.

Pricing
1 5/8" headers $560 (normally $875)
3" system (x-pipe and cat back) with cats $980 (normally $350 more)
3" system (x-pipe and cat back) w/o cats $770 (normally $300 more)
3" X pipe with cats by itself w/no mufflers or tailpipes $490 (normally $700)
3" X pipe no cats by itself w/no mufflers or tailpipes $280 (normally $400)

They estimated shipping at $45 for headers and $45 for exhaust (so $90 if you want both).

You can check around but I am pretty certain that you will not find a better price on this system. I am NOT making anything on this. I am not even getting a better deal (I'll be glad to show my invoice). I am going to pay what is listed above if we get enough people.

How payment works
Once we have determined we have enough people, I'll give each interested person a code to call in to Stainless works. You'll call up, ask for a specific person, and then pay them directly. Once 6 of each is paid for the units will start shipping. They have all parts in stock ready to go. This is a group purchase that I want to make happen fast. The prices wont be available for very long. The number of interested people in this quick duration will get the price reductions.

Interested Parties
Please email me ASAP at [email protected] and we can get this thing rolling pretty fast.

Common asked questions
Will the headers bolt up to my existing exhaust if I don't use their X pipe or cat back?
Yes but it will require fabrication.

Will the headers fit my auto transmission?
You'll need to determine by the pics below if you have enough clearance. It's too hard to tell if these headers will fit a one off custom auto trans install.

How much ground clearance will the exhaust have?
Look at the pics below, the ground clearance is not much lower than stock.

Do they make headers with 1 3/4 primaries?
No the testings performed indicated that 1 5/8 headers make more power.

If I buy the headers and x pipe will they bolt up to my cat back system?
Not without fabrication.

Will this cat back exhaust fit on a solid 8.8 axle application?
No, fabrication would need to be made.

Now heres the pics.

stainless8.jpg

stainless2.jpg

stainless6.jpg

stainless5.jpg

stainless4.jpg

stainless7.jpg

This is an awesome deal everyone. Like its mentioned, you will not find a better quality system out there. Even after saying Id never do another LT install after the 18hr Kooks disaster Im actually considering ditching my entire system to go with this one, and the prices are unbeatably low.

$560 for SS Longtubes is an incredible deal when you consider that theie MSRP is 875 and SS Kooks will cost you about $900 new... and they are a PITA to install.

Anyways, just wanted to fill everyone in on this great deal :)

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I find 80 HP / 64 TQ from headers alone a little far fetched.

The stock parts are not all that bad, considering they are factory parts.

If there were gains of the amount they claimed, I think there must have been other work performed at the same time that may have been accidentally included in the headers results.

Dan

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Dana said:

If there were gains of the amount they claimed, I think there must have been other work performed at the same time that may have been accidentally included in the headers results.

Dan

Agreed

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dana said:

Dan

Looking @ thier HP and Torque numbers, they look like they were RWHP dyno #'s on a stock car.

"He went from 354 stock to 398 hp & from 346 to 375 ft-lbs."

I didn't think a 3" exhaust allowed enough back pressure on a stock car. Seems like a bogus claim like Dan said.

I will say the pictures look phenominal on that exhaust. I bet it would be one good exhaust for the whipple and kb cars here!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Dana said:

Dan
Doesnt it say that the 80rwhp/64rwtq was gained at like 6500rpms? Thats pretty believable if the car had clogged cats considering the gains are for the WHOLE system. When I slapped my entire system on I was seeing gains of 50rwhp/50rwtq on the way high end.... so if he had clogged cats I can see him getting before/after numbers like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info