• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

E-Brake Handle..

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
For the 03-04 Cobra, to install a UPR or MGW (or whoever else makes one) E-brake handle, you have to CUT OFF the stock leather cover on the handle. MGW includes this note in their instructions. Pull the brake up all the way the best you can, and cut the string CAREFULLY down the center. Then it allows clearance to install the new cover/handle.

I sold mine, I didn't want to cut my stock leather handle.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
ChicagoMike said:
For the 03-04 Cobra, to install a UPR or MGW (or whoever else makes one) E-brake handle, you have to CUT OFF the stock leather cover on the handle. MGW includes this note in their instructions. Pull the brake up all the way the best you can, and cut the string CAREFULLY down the center. Then it allows clearance to install the new cover/handle.

I sold mine, I didn't want to cut my stock leather handle.

It no came with directions... in worse case.. can i get a new leather thingy?

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
The leather e-brake is wrapped from the factory, and it's ordered like that. Just like the steering wheel, as far as I know, you have to order the entire e-brake handle for the 03-04 Cobra to get the Leather on it. Correct me if I am wrong though ... but I am pretty sure about then, hence why I dumped my aftermarket billet e-brake handle.

I tried putting mine on with the leather still on (the MGW one). It will not fit. Said in the instructions for 03-04 Cobras you must cut the leather cover off to install the handle to make it fit. :pow:

VenomInside said:
It no came with directions... in worse case.. can i get a new leather thingy?

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
FWIW that wrap around the e-brake handle is vinyl and NOT leather. Tear away if you wish, but Mike is right, you have to get a whole new handle in order to replace it. I didn't bother once I found out, besides the MGW handle looks to chincy afterall anyway.

I also bought the Steeda door handles to help find them in the dark but what a hassle that looked like so there they sit, on the shelf, cause I'm too chicken to try it.

I want the Mach one inlay for the boot and dash panel, just haven't gotten around to bugging my Ford buddy for the parts yet. I think that looks cool, I like the seats better than ours also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info