• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

NOS question...

D

Doug

Nos

VenomInside said:
What is the difference between a "wet" kit and a "dry" kit.. Also, would running a 50 or 75 shot be safe?
Venom,
A dry kit ONLY sprays nitrous upon activation where as a wet kit sprays both nitrous and fuel upon activation. I run a wet kit and found it is much safer to tune for power without hurting anything. The wet kit if you want to fatten it up all you do is increase the fuel jet in the fuel side of the nozzle (takes all of 2 sec). Iam sure if you ask people some will like dry and some will like wet iam just letting you know what worked for me. As far as a 50 to 75 shot i dont see that hurting anything but i can not tell the future.
Thanks Doug

fastfocus

TCG Elite Member
Nov 30, 2004
my focus stock can take 75shot.... and not sure about yours.. but i have a returnless fuel system.. so i can only run a wet kit...most kits start aroud 500.. but by the time you buy all the accessories.. your looking close to a grand sometimes.. you def need a window switch, bottle heater, etc.... and you have to check track regulations on how it must be installed for it to be legal....plus if you do chip/programmer... need to keep stock timing..... not to mention warrenty... bye bye...

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I've had good luck with my setup.
It is a 2 stage dry system with the fuel added through the tune.

Stage 1 is computer controlled and stage 2 is manual that I use in 3rd and 4th.
Both are 50 shots.
Stage 1 netted me almost 75HP on the dyno last week.

560HP(no juice) vs. 633HP on just the first stage with a leaking line and a way conservative tune.

These motors LOVE nitrous.

A plate kit has just been released for the Cobra. It fits between the TB and the plenum. It is a wet kit. Looks nice. Forgot who makes it. Sorry.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info