• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cobras dead in a KFC parking lot, need help!

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
Turned the key forward, there was a pop, then nothing. Now all I can get is the dome light will come on occassioanly and the battery and the light next to it will light but dimly.

I checked all the fuses and there was one dead 20amp one. I looked at the schematic in the owners manual and swapped it with what was supposed to be for the cigarette lighter but now I get everything I had plus the door beep.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have access to a picture of an accurate fuse box schematic so I can try to work this out tommorrow?

Thanks in advance , Matt

It wont turn over or even get to point where it starts to and the lights dont work either.

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
Sounds like it may be part of the electrical under the hood? This is where all the high current fuses are located. Hope the attached may help a little. Your symptoms are confusing, maybe the battery blew a cell or something? Blown fuse indicates a short circuit typically. I would start with a voltmeter at the battery. If it's less than 12 volts, disconnect the battery and see if the voltage goes up. If it does, you probably have a short. Be careful and good luck.

Attachments

• Starting System.pdf
    130.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Starting System Schematic.pdf
    31.5 KB · Views: 53

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Battery life varies greatly. My 2000 Kawasaki was still on its original battery when I sold it. I warned the guy who bought it that it was probably about done. Never a problem with it even with the bike sitting all winter. If your 2nd battery also fails prematurely you might have a battery drain somewhere that's shortening the life.

Also, see if your replacement fuse pops. If it does, you have to figure out why. Which socket was the one that popped?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info