• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Next upgrade project...Brakes!

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I am hoping to do brakes B-4 spring also. Let me know what you go with and how you like them. Those E-bay rotors look like a good deal...

FYI- Sunshine, I stopped by you work Saturday around 2 but they told me that you closed at 12 and then tried to sell me some crappy Chevy..

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
I bought from that guy twice... His name is Ras... Yes, they are Brembo... He imports them from Italy/Canada/USA and does the CNC work here.

I actually paid more since he did not have the free shipping special before. After putting on the Brembo's he sent me I took the old OE stock Brembo's and sent them to him to be reworked. He charged me $20.00/each for the rework on the stock rotors...

Now I don't want to talk you out of them but I did see some shit on corner-carvers where they say dimpled or drilled rotors are bling and you should get only slotted rotors. Not sure if its true since I have some experience with Infrared Inspection and believe dimpled/drilled may help to cool rotors... If you are not going to open tract the car then get what you want. If you are going to track the car then research accordingly...

http://corner-carvers.com/altimathread.php.html

Good Luck

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
Nothing says "I Pose" quite like a set of drilled/dimpled rotors...dont forget to add a Big Gay Wing and clear taillights!

Hawk HPS is their mildest compound. If this is too noisy of a pad for you, stick to the stock '03 pads (which are actually pretty good)

Hawk HP+ will have better initial bite when its warmed up, but will be much noisier and dustier.

I prefer Ferodo DS2500.

Race Shopper has the best prices on Hawk, Performance Friction, and Ferodo. Dont forget a set of braided brake hoses now that the kits do all four wheels. They make a HUGE difference in pedal feel.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info