• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is the Borla stinger catback exhaust system good?

wahoo

Regular
Mar 7, 2004
IxL4 said:
Is this good? I am seeing the system for the GT everywhere and found one website that asks $129 more for the Cobra. What is the difference? Does it add HP?

Thanks.

Yes this system is one of the better ones out there..It will help un-cork the exhaust giving you some more H.P!! The difference is the GT has a solid axle and the exhaust goes up and over the axle, Where the exhaust in the cobra goes under the IRS. This is why your seeing a price difference.
Hope this helps a little!

Doug

I

IxL4

That's all it is? Holy SHI*T I thought they were wider or had soe sort of performance difference... RIPOFF

I'm getting one very soon so that is why I am asking. I hope it sounds as good as everyone says. Is the drone at highway speed bearable???

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
ShelbyGuy said:
Bassani sounds like its trying too hard and doesn't have enough boom to it. its all brapp.

EVERYONE had bassani when i put my stingers on. For a week or two, I was different.

borla is really proud of their product and price it accordingly :rolleyes:

Pulling the baffles out opens up the Bassani sound. Have you pulled your Borla baffles out? Oh, that's right. You don't have any. LOL! J/K, John. I like the Stingers too. :D

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
I put the stingers on and it sounds sweeeet. SVTPerformance has a special on the SLP which is almost identical to the Borla Stingers. I think it was $400.00 + shipping. There also was a guy on this board selling his used stingers for $325.00 if you de-install from his car and re-install his factory exhaust.

For the money I would get the used Stingers or the SLP. If you wanted the Borla they can be found on eBay for $575.00 shipped from performance peddler or ninosport offers a 5% discount through 12/25.

Mystic Terminator said:
I put the stingers on and it sounds sweeeet. SVTPerformance has a special on the SLP which is almost identical to the Borla Stingers. I think it was $400.00 + shipping. There also was a guy on this board selling his used stingers for $325.00 if you de-install from his car and re-install his factory exhaust.

For the money I would get the used Stingers or the SLP. If you wanted the Borla they can be found on eBay for $575.00 shipped from performance peddler or ninosport offers a 5% discount through 12/25.

Yeah I am getting the stingers from him tonight. I don't know if I should put them on the car right away cause Im taking her to the dealer on wednesday and not sure if theyre going to scream warranty issues... it should be on before our meet though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info