• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gords Heat Exchanger

kneedragger

Sep 15, 2004
JymBart said:
Thinking of getting one,...... wondering who has bought one, best price, and how hard it was to install? Is this a bolt in mod? How would you "rate" it? Would you have bought another brand? Any photos?

JymBart

I think you can only get them from gord and the aren't cheap. I have an LFP heat exchanger and it's done well for me, plus it's about 200 cheaper.

venom2

Dec 17, 2004
This is by far the best product I have seen for H.E. I have installed mine on a 03 with only one modification to the hoses. I choose to use a molded hose on the passenger side. I think Gord is already changing this in his kit. The hose happened to be a dayco hose and it kept the chassis from rubbing on it.

I have the fan options and looking at adding the pfab reservior to this package deal. I will also modify a rocker swtich to control the coolant pump during cool down periods between runs. The install is pretty straight forward. I used distilled water and gold coolant from ford. I haven't done any mapping of the iat's or dyno pulls of before and after. Here it is for what its worth.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Since 1964 said:
Do "I" need one if I only use the 2.93 with a tune? I don't plan on porting the blower, or adding a 4lb lower after all, but I also don't know if the factory one will control the extra heat from a 2.93.
Please advise.
Probably not.

If you are just an occasional drag racer then it probably wouldn't do you much good. There are exceptions to everything, so extreme conditions or operation would change it to a probably yes answer. But typically,there is suffucient time between passes to provide adequate cool down with the stock HE.

If you are driving/racing around in circles, then probably it would help.

The best answer would be found by using some datalogging equipment to find out just how hot the IAT2 actually is getting and decide based on that.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info