• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Installed: Pulley & Tuned. Now what?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Take the car to a dyno with Air/Fuel meter and have them dyno your car to see where the A/F is. You can also have the tune tweaked while you are at the dyno. The main thing is getting the A/F somewhere in the 11s during higher RPMs. Some people have said that their stock Predator pulley tunes were lean [12 and up] which is not good if you want the engine to last. Until you get to the dyno, take it easy just in case your tune is lean. Some of the sponsors on this site offer dyno tuning. You can richen it up for greater safety until you get to a dyno if you want.

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
Flyn high again said:
Take the car to a dyno with Air/Fuel meter and have them dyno your car to see where the A/F is. You can also have the tune tweaked while you are at the dyno. The main thing is getting the A/F somewhere in the 11s during higher RPMs. Some people have said that their stock Predator pulley tunes were lean [12 and up] which is not good if you want the engine to last. Until you get to the dyno, take it easy just in case your tune is lean. Some of the sponsors on this site offer dyno tuning. You can richen it up for greater safety until you get to a dyno if you want.

Thanks.. :biggthump

What should I set the fuel at?

2k - 4k (I set it at -3 rich)

&

4k - 7k (I set it at -3 rich)

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
Flyn high again said:

Is there a dyno in my area? (Orland Park, Frankfort, Oak Lawn area)

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Predator

Actually the "canned" predator pulley tune goes PIG RICH above 5200 rpm or so and lean in the lower RPMs. Only a custom tune will get rid of this and other issues with the stock predator tune.

AS CLIFF SAID: GET TO A DYNO OR GET A WIDEBAND O2 RIGHT AWAY!

As a side note, my RWTD tune has been working great for several months, but now I'm getting pinging. Several have suggested that the winterized gas is to blame. I currently have my timing retarded 3% and it seems to have eliminated the pinging, although I had also put some octane boost in the tank. I may need to pull some more timing on pure 93 octane. We'll see next tank of gas.

Be careful!

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Brutal04 said:
Thanks.. :biggthump

What should I set the fuel at?

2k - 4k (I set it at -3 rich)

&

4k - 7k (I set it at -3 rich)

I dynoed mine with 2.93 and Predator canned pulley tune about a month ago. I ended up with about 12 rich from 2-4 and I think 5 rich from 4-7 to get the AFR reasonable. That bugger was LEAN till I started tweaking. A few dyno runs are a must with these things.

When you dyno it report back on where you ended up with your settings, cause I'm curious to see where other people are at.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Brutal04 said:
Is there a dyno in my area? (Orland Park, Frankfort, Oak Lawn area)

Sutton Ford in Matteson [Route 30 just a little West of Cicero] has one. I'm not sure if they tune or not. They are in the sponsors forums so you can PM them or start a thread there to find out what they can do for you. SVT Speed is up on the North side. I know they tune.

We're almost neighbors. I live in Frankfort. :)

Cliff

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Sutton Ford in Matteson [Route 30 just a little West of Cicero] has one. I'm not sure if they tune or not. They are in the sponsors forums so you can PM them or start a thread there to find out what they can do for you. SVT Speed is up on the North side. I know they tune.
We're almost neighbors. I live in Frankfort. :)
Cliff

They tune but they use SCT software.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info