• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Question about mods...

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
I am ordering the bassani mid-length headers, diablo sport tuner from rwtd, Steeda Tri-Ax for T56, Going to port the supercharger, The MOTOBLUE™ Heat Exchanger..

Now which would be better to run (i only ask cause i dont want to have detonation or really any probs) :

a Billetflow 2.76 non-slip with Idler and 74" Gates belt

or

Billetflow 2.93 non-slip with Idler and 74" Gates belt

Also.. I wanted to know if this would be a good set of cams to run.. Its the crower Stage II....

Stage 2
Designed specifically for supercharger applications for street use.
Slight Lobe on idle.

252 Lobe 252 264
Valve 264 206
Lobe 206 222
Valve 222 .475 / .475

http://www.crower.com/cat/domestic/ford/mustang_camshafts.shtml

Sorry i keep asking all these questions, but i just need people's imput. Cause you guys know a hell of a lot more than i do. But i just needed imput like i said.

03TorchRedCobra

VenomInside said:
I am ordering the bassani mid-length headers, diablo sport tuner from rwtd, Steeda Tri-Ax for T56, Going to port the supercharger, The MOTOBLUE™ Heat Exchanger..

Now which would be better to run (i only ask cause i dont want to have detonation or really any probs) :

a Billetflow 2.76 non-slip with Idler and 74" Gates belt

or

Billetflow 2.93 non-slip with Idler and 74" Gates belt

Also.. I wanted to know if this would be a good set of cams to run.. Its the crower Stage II....

Stage 2
Designed specifically for supercharger applications for street use.
Slight Lobe on idle.

252 Lobe 252 264
Valve 264 206
Lobe 206 222
Valve 222 .475 / .475

http://www.crower.com/cat/domestic/ford/mustang_camshafts.shtml

Sorry i keep asking all these questions, but i just need people's imput. Cause you guys know a hell of a lot more than i do. But i just needed imput like i said.
The cams in the 03/04 cobra are very good and from what I read you are not going to get more than maybe 20 hp more with new ones. If you have the money to do the cams then I would spend the money on a supercharger upgrade and not the port. Take your port and cam expenses and go with a KB or Whipple for street use. If you think you're going to race it then take a look at the Vortech or ProCharger sites. You won't have a problem with detonation on either of the pulleys as long as you use 93 octane if you go with the plan you are using.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• VenomInside
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list