• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

fog lights

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
I need to do this too!
The picture and way it is worded is a bit confusing?

Have you SVT Focus guys noticed your gas milage going down since it has been cold? I used to get 28-30mpg but the last few fill ups have been 25-27mpg? I do let her warm up for a couple of minutes in the AM now - but I wouldn't guess that would hurt too much?

Also noticed that my stock exhaust has been getting louder. Yes - I do have the o/r pipe on which makes the exhaust actually noticable - but it seems like the last couple of months like it has been getting louder in the car. Probably should jack her up and give it good look the next warm day we get...

:headbang:

S

Silver SVT

yeah i did the fog light mod. it was confusing but i finally got in understood. i actually came up with a way where you dont have to splice any wires, and it actually is pretty damn safe. if you need pictures of something let me know and i can get em for you... does anyone have anyone have a soundclip of the ORP on a stock exhaust? im curious what it sounds like. Im not a huge fan of the ricey noise but I want my exhuast a little louder. its too innocent, which it should be seeing its stock............... :eek:h:

rmanley

rmanley_CBQ_SVT
Mar 30, 2005
Mystic544 said:
I need to do this too!
The picture and way it is worded is a bit confusing?

Have you SVT Focus guys noticed your gas milage going down since it has been cold? I used to get 28-30mpg but the last few fill ups have been 25-27mpg? I do let her warm up for a couple of minutes in the AM now - but I wouldn't guess that would hurt too much?

Also noticed that my stock exhaust has been getting louder. Yes - I do have the o/r pipe on which makes the exhaust actually noticable - but it seems like the last couple of months like it has been getting louder in the car. Probably should jack her up and give it good look the next warm day we get...

:headbang:
I got 25mpg last week going I-80 to Moline and I hit 100 for a good stretch during "country rush hour". I do a downtown comute M-F and open it up as much as possible so my mileage is a concern but I'm not freakin'. The little snake is so much fun to drive it's worth it. :eek:h:
rob

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Silver SVT: I would be interested in more info on how you did it :)
Post up or PM
I don't have a sound clip of the o/r pipe and stock exhaust, but I can tell you it's not a bad combo. There is a little drone pushing up a hill and crusing sometimes - but not bad. Actually pretty quiet until about 5000, then she does scream. Not Rice sounding. I wish it were a bit louder at low RPM's. Better than stock, but still pretty quiet...but then I am used to either my 2V Mustang w/Flowmasters or my 4V Cobra with Hookers...both w/no cats and very aggressive/loud :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info