• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just got my new Clutch/parts installed

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Had my body toss on My Spec 3i clutch, along with Steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. Man, this thing feels like a different car. There isn't much room for ambiguity w/ this clutch and there is a hair between engaging points. On a better note, the shifting hard into gears problem is long gone, even when I've been ripping on the tranny for an hour.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Had my body toss on My Spec 3i clutch, along with Steeda clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster. Man, this thing feels like a different car. There isn't much room for ambiguity w/ this clutch and there is a hair between engaging points. On a better note, the shifting hard into gears problem is long gone, even when I've been ripping on the tranny for an hour.

I have got about 500 miles on my new stocker as of today. Steeda clutch quad and adjuster goes on soon.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
How do you properly brake a clutch in?

I am at a loss.
You're supposed to go easy on it for the first 400-500miles...aka never WOT, just alot of stop and go traffic. Usually if you dont break it in this way you will have problems further down the road with the clutch not holding, making noises, and a shorter life.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
I think the clutch wasn't fully engaging/disengaging. It is hard to tell, but all the crappy stock parts HAVE to go.

Also the clutch pedal resistance is much less now, and I think my left leg will degenerate to the size of my right.

My new stocker is a lot softer than the factory one also too. I took it kinda easy on mine for the first 450 miles. Hope it helps, itz gonna get used good Saturday.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Also the clutch pedal resistance is much less now, and I think my left leg will degenerate to the size of my right.[/QUOTE]

You know.....If I knew you better I'd take full advantage of the opening here!

But I won't since you're a gentleman and all, and I like to think I'm a gentleman too, so I'll just keep my chop busting to myself, but man you left it wide open...it's just hangin there, come on Hank, help me out here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info