• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Best belt for True Grip 2.93 Pulley?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Since 1964 said:
My Downs Ford True grip ate my Gates Belt in 1360 miles. It looked like a Gator back, but it wasn't a Gatorback. Should I get one? or should I stick with a regular 8 rib belt.....

Please advise.

If it's anything like my Billetflow non-slip, I'd suggest the Gates green stripe. I've had it on for over 10,000 pullied miles with no problems.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Who makes the Downs Ford pulley?
They are not all the same. Some are much more aggressive in their design and will eat a belt in no time. Others are not finished properly and do much damage to the belt.

The Gates green stripe is probably the one used most sucessfully with the cross cut pulleys. The Gatorback belts can end up chewing themselves up because of the type of contact between the teeth on the pulley and the teeth on the belt.

If a regular Gates belt doesn't fix it, start looking for alignment issues.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Since 1964
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list