• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stalled Twice, Any Idea Why?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
My 2004 Cobra has almost 17,000 miles and it's never stalled before. Today it happened twice on the way to work.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

This weekend I cleaned the K & N filter and oiled it (lightly), but I hypothesized that maybe some of the K & N oil was affecting the MAF?

I'm also starting to see the stock clutch giving me issues, a little tough engaging 2nd gear from time to time. Doesn't seem like this could have any correlation to the stalling, but who knows.

If it stalls any more today, I may reclean the K & N tonight and not oil it.

Any thoughts?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
gnxs said:
My 2004 Cobra has almost 17,000 miles and it's never stalled before. Today it happened twice on the way to work.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

This weekend I cleaned the K & N filter and oiled it (lightly), but I hypothesized that maybe some of the K & N oil was affecting the MAF?

I'm also starting to see the stock clutch giving me issues, a little tough engaging 2nd gear from time to time. Doesn't seem like this could have any correlation to the stalling, but who knows.

If it stalls any more today, I may reclean the K & N tonight and not oil it.

Any thoughts?

I swear I didn't touch it! ;)

I would agree with re- cleaning the K&N, the first time I cleaned mine I used way too much oil and the car ran like crap.

Was the motor still cold, or had it warmed up? I know my car tends to run strange on cold mornings if I don't let it warm up first.

Anyway, I hope you find the problem....

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Check your gaskets and clamps on the FIPK. It sounds like you have an air leak.
Ditto. Mine didnt stall until about 7,000miles.....and it stalled maybe 3-5 times until 10,000 when I reattached the Intake tube, and filter assembly....car has since gone 4,500 miles without stalling once :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info