• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Throwing out bearings

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Flyn high again said:
I am on my third TOB at the moment. 13,500 miles. Ford has a Technical Service Bulletin [TSB] out now that addresses this problem. If you have repeated failures of the TOB Ford will replace the retainer as well. There is more info on the topic at www.svtperformance.com in the "Terminator" forum.

They are doing my 1st clutch TOB & Retainer under warranty this week also.
10K miles

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
What were your symptoms? I just got a brand new transmission under warranty, and as soon as the car (&tranny) heats up, its impossible to put in gear. What should I get. I should upgrade the clutch, but what else? Do I need a clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster?

I'm at a loss

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
What were your symptoms? I just got a brand new transmission under warranty, and as soon as the car (&tranny) heats up, its impossible to put in gear. What should I get. I should upgrade the clutch, but what else? Do I need a clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster?

I'm at a loss

My car was hard to shift into gear and the clutch started to chirp alittle. Clutch was kinda slipping alittle also.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The TSB was recently posted on SVTP. Read for yourself:

Attachments

• Resize 1.jpg
    Resize 1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 120

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I work w/ 3 Ford dealerships and have developed some pretty good relationships w/service advisors. I took the service advisor golfing a month ago (for work) and he tossed a new T56 in my car. **Quid pro quo**

Although it doesn't matter, b/c I don't think there was anything wrong w/the tranny. Its someting else.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
I took the service advisor golfing a month ago (for work) and he tossed a new T56 in my car. **Quid pro quo**

Although it doesn't matter, b/c I don't think there was anything wrong w/the tranny. Its someting else.

Golf, that's good. :cool2:

Anyway, the tranny/TOB threads (here and on SVTP inbetween all the FIPK and tick threads) have me wondering about the New TKO 600. Will the TKO 600 be a better, more durable tranny than the T-56 like when we all have built solids with Mickeys and 600+ Whippled RWHP?

BO TY KLR

Aug 20, 2004
My TOB started making noise at about 8,000mi. Really growling at me when I pushed in on clutch and slight chirp with clutch out. It would come and go so I knew dealer would probably say 'they don't hear it' so I waited to take it in but still heard it daily. Anyway went to cordova last weekend to get some close to stock times(before I throw the pulley on) and I haven't heard the TOB since :dunno: :dunno: The thing made noise for about 1000mi now nothing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info