• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Looks like it's shop time - TOB & Quadrant

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
well my TOB started squealing about 2-3K miles ago, barely noticeable, but just enough to annoy me..

It chirps more than anything, about 50% of the time.. outside of the noise I haven't had a problem..

Now in the last 200 miles I think my clutch quadrant is screwed up.. When I fully depress the clutch I hear a decently loud bam/slam like something hitting something else, if that makes any sense.

The car has 11,700 miles on it and I really don't beat on the car..

Ideas, comments, suggestions?

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
The quadrant is stock..

I'll probably just have the warranty work done on it as well as the TOB TSB.

I wonder what cause the quadrant to screw up.

hj16 said:
Do you have a stock Quadrant? If so you might be able to get a nice aftermarket piece to cure that problem. Otherwise Id say start putting together a list for a Clutch, TOB, Input shaft swap :dunno:

ExplorerThis

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2004
You know my 01 has just starting squeeking and its got about 42K....so I can imagine the TOB is rubbing the surface a tad...nothin big...Im going to actually wait until it gets pretty loud and then get a centerforce dual friction.

My brother 96 cobra TOB went out at 76k and man it got LOUD super LOUD, he got the whole clutch asembly replaced. So i have no idea why yours is doing this at 11k? :dunno:

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Well the TOB has a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) on it so it's a warrantable issue, and a factory defect.

the confusing part is the quadrant...

I really don't beat on the car...

ExplorerThis said:
You know my 01 has just starting squeeking and its got about 42K....so I can imagine the TOB is rubbing the surface a tad...nothin big...Im going to actually wait until it gets pretty loud and then get a centerforce dual friction.

My brother 96 cobra TOB went out at 76k and man it got LOUD super LOUD, he got the whole clutch asembly replaced. So i have no idea why yours is doing this at 11k? :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info