• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Plug recommendations?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Wiked03 said:
Do I need to change my plugs with the new pulley (2.93) and tune?

What plug should I use? What gap size?

I have done a lot of reading on this, and I found nothing but a ton of conflicting information. :dunno:

Just want to see what the local opinion is....

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting ready to try the Brisk plugs (have a set in the garage for two weeks now), but I've had great luck with the NGK TR6s.

slow lane

May 7, 2004
Stock AF12s work as well or better than the NGK copper plugs. I've had a set of NGK TR6s on the shelf for two years now, waiting for cold start problems, hesitation or signs of spark blow out at high rpm with the Motorcraft plug. I bought the NGKs when PDQ (Diablosport) said my detonation with their first pulley tune was probably due to the stock plugs (it wasn't). So far the Motorcrafts have given me no reason to switch out.

Mine are gapped at 0.035" for 15,000 pullied miles. Good cold start, steady idle, no hesitation on throttle tip in and no spark blow out at the top end. Can't beat that, well you might be able to beat that with the Brisks.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Sutton just did my pulley swap to a 2.93 & a tune to match and recomended the Motrcraft AWSF22C over the Denso IT20's I had in there which did make my car run smoother & better than stock.

So they are in there now gaped @ 35 as instructed. Tonight will tell the tale.

I can't wait to look the tech guy in the face and say "Oh no it's stock, just a cat back, Cold air and BFG's".

12.3's tonight?? 12.000 Flat? or will I crack 11's....I can't wait.

Man this pulley sure makes quick work out of second gear...whew!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Sorry I took ssoo long to reply back. Ford plugs made me die out several times, surging and lunging between 1500-2000....WTF? right.

Car ran good, I got a 12.3 alright, but drivability sucked. The next day I put the Denso IT 20's back in and my car runs fine again, as it did when I left with the pully swap and tune in the first place. I swear we gapped the plugs at .35 as suggested, I also noticed my IT 20's are at 39....go figure, maybe I should open up the Ford plug a little and see what happens...I may.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info