• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

A Day at Byron

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I went to Byron for the first time yesterday. Man was it ever hot and humid. I guess this year's cool weather was spoiling me. I was running 12.4's all day (when I didn't miss 3rd), but at all different MPHs. My mph was way down all day, even though I was cooling about 45 min. between runs. I finally figured out I needed to cool it in the shade, not with the sun beating down on the blower. I went from 111-112 MPHs to almost 117.

Here's a video of my best MPH run:
- Granny Shifting 3rd (I was paranoid after missing it twice - BADLY)
- No burnout (big mistake, lots of rocks and crap stuck to the tires :eek:h: )
- Left just off idle
- Ran in 100% street trim :headbang:

In Car Video from Byron :dunno:

I think Victor is going to Byron today, maybe he'll have better luck.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Nice runs! :headbang:

I am heading back up there on Saturday(7th) to try out the Nittos.

Edit: I noticed in your video that were not wearing a helmet. Did they not tell you to? I was there only a couple weeks ago and they told me I needed to have a helmet after my first run (was only a 13.7 too!), or I could not run again. Had to wear a rental. :(

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Wiked03 said:
Nice runs! :headbang:

I am heading back up there on Saturday(7th) to try out the Nittos.

Edit: I noticed in your video that were not wearing a helmet. Did they not tell you to? I was there only a couple weeks ago and they told me I needed to have a helmet after my first run (was only a 13.7 too!), or I could not run again. Had to wear a rental. :(

I didn't wear it on my last two runs. I thought maybe it had something to do with me missing 3rd earlier, so I thought I'd run without it once or twice. They didn't say anything to me about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info