• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pulley question

JoeGT38

UNIT38
Mar 8, 2004
Wiked03 said:
He shouldn't be chewing up belts like that.

The recommended belts are either gates green stripe or the goodyear gatorback.

I think he should check on how the pulley was installed, that is an easy way to destroy a belt.

What kind of pulley is it? Non slip? Brand? Size? Idlers?

What type belt was he using? Size?
Im not sure of the brand but I do believe he said its a non slip, the belt was supplied with the pulley.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
VenomInside said:
Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the pulley's, i was thinking of getting em but now it doesn't seem like a good idea.
Its a FANTASTIC idea!!! I just turned 12,000 miles tonight, with 10,000 of them being 2.90 pullied. The car hasnt had a single problem (knock on wood), and I couldnt be happier with its performance and reliability (knock on wood).

:burnout:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Dana said:
Sounds as though he may have mounted it backwards. On some of these pulleys, it isn't difficult to do.
I would check that first.

Dan

Dan should know, he's probably put on more pullies than anybody except speed shops and I suspect he's "seen it all". :headbang:

BTW Dan, mine has been perfect since you installed it at Mokena earlier this year. I can't thank you enough. :biggthump

However, some of my street "victims" have a bone to pick with you. :argue2:

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
No the only reason i said it was cause it seemed as if people were having a lot of problems and such. Anyone reccommend a great Speed shop around the chicagoland area, New Lenox, Joliet and mokena are fine to. And the only reason i ask on that one is cause the one's i go to dont know as much as they think on my car. Dont want to take any chances, know what i mean?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I've bought parts for years from Winner's Circle speed shop in Joliet. It's funny how many times I couldn't find a part and ended up calling them and getting it. I don't know if they do any work themselves. They are a retail speed shop. So if you need high performance parts and can't find them, Winner's Circle can probably help you out.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
As long as you buy the right pulley, idlers if needed, correct belt size, upgrade your sparkplugs - and GET THE PROPER TUNE ... you will be good to go.

The tuning is the most important. Some people do mail order chips, some use a flasher, and some go to a dyno for a custom program.

VenomInside said:
Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the pulley's, i was thinking of getting em but now it doesn't seem like a good idea.

JoeGT38

UNIT38
Mar 8, 2004
They told my buddy John with the Cobra that he needs an different idler pulley cause the belt is just shredded but not comming off, so it was slipping. They said (Diablo) that if the belt was comming off then the pulleys was not lined up correctly, so he ordered a new idler pulley. Thanks for everyones help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info