• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

JBA Shorties

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Anyone have any experience with the JBA shortie headers for the 03-04 Cobras? :confused:

And before you say anything Hank, I am trying to avoid LT's so I can keep my MRT H pipe, and have no ground clearance issues. Not to mention, shorties are cheaper and reportedly easier to install. :p

Not sure if they are worth it, but they gotta be better than the stock manifolds. :dunno:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
hj16 said:
Thats a flat out LIE!!!!

Its rediculously hard to put in ANY type of header on these cars. But they are worth it :headbang: :burnout:

I am sure any header install is a PITA, but I have heard more than once that shorties are easier than longtubes. :dunno: Since I probably won't be installing myself anyways (doubt it is doable on rhino ramps), it doesn't really matter.

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
Wiked03 said:
I am sure any header install is a PITA, but I have heard more than once that shorties are easier than longtubes. :dunno: Since I probably won't be installing myself anyways (doubt it is doable on rhino ramps), it doesn't really matter.

There is NO such thing as an easier install and the word header (of ANY type) in the same sentence. Not from a backyard mechanic's point of view anyway.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Wiked03 said:
Anyone have any experience with the JBA shortie headers for the 03-04 Cobras? :confused:

And before you say anything Hank, I am trying to avoid LT's so I can keep my MRT H pipe, and have no ground clearance issues. Not to mention, shorties are cheaper and reportedly easier to install. :p

Not sure if they are worth it, but they gotta be better than the stock manifolds. :dunno:

ttt....

I would like to know about these also. I am happy with my exhaust set up (Maggie HF cats X and cat back) and would like some headers that are easier to install than long tubes.

Anybody got them???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info