• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03 build date ?

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
I remember seeing that the early mfg runs of the 2003 Cobras had some issues but Ford fixed them on the 2nd run...
When did the 2nd run of Cobras start?
Kinda looking at an 03 with an early June mfg date. Just making sure its a good one.
I know --- still need to sell my Vert 1st before I add to my stable and I really really really want an 04 Mystic Chrome. But just love those new Cobras and if the price is right....

:biggthump

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Second run '03's started at the beginning of September 2002. Mine was built the second week of September.
If I remember correctly, there were some additional changes, including a new PCM code around the beginning of 2003, Jan or Feb maybe?

Dan

slow lane

May 7, 2004
1st run 05/02 - 07/02
2nd run 09/02 - 11/02

An early June build date would put the car in the 1st 1000 built.
Should have a VIN number like - "1FAFP48Y13F30xxxx", the last 4 numbers of the VIN are not necessesarily the build number but they are awfully close for the first couple of thousand.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Its pretty much hit and miss in every production run. I know a few first runs that have ZERO problems, My 2nd run doesnt have a problem, but there are 04s with problems, and 3rd runs with problems.

Every run has the equal probability of flaws with exception of maybe the May/June 04 runs.

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Looking at a 10th Annv. this weekend down in Bloomington.
Maybe you have seen it around Hank?

"Black 10th Anniversary Coupe 7300 Miles
The car was one of the last built Cobra#7902and #1301 anniversary edition
Car dyno'd 471 WHP, and 512 WTQ @ 12.1 A/F.
Put the following on it: Bassani O/R X, Flowmaster Catback, Diablo Predator, Diablo 2.81, UPR shifter, K&N , All BRAND NEW.
Average MPG 19 , best 24 (Modded) Car is NOT ABUSED.
The tune is not generic, it was ran at Illinois Dyno, the best shop in the quad city area, it was pulled many times to get a good A/f. The car was tremendously stronger than other 03/04's to begin with - I have the dyno sheets to verify numbers. Ran on a Dynojet, 92 Ambient.
Paint is fantastic."

My dad check it out a couple of weeks ago and said it was just about perfect, only negative thing he had to say was the rear tires were at about 40%. Not a big deal if she is quality and the price is right.
Dyno numbers seem a bit high - but the mods are a good starting point. Will have to pick your guys brains as to what the next mods need to be. Probably have to get an importance ranking as I'll probably do it in pieces. Short term goal is to be pretty big balln' until I get some more $'s for Mr. Whipple :)

TimmaY

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
slow lane said:
1st run 05/02 - 07/02
2nd run 09/02 - 11/02

An early June build date would put the car in the 1st 1000 built.
Should have a VIN number like - "1FAFP48Y13F30xxxx", the last 4 numbers of the VIN are not necessesarily the build number but they are awfully close for the first couple of thousand.

If this "IS" true about the numbers then I got one of the first 300. Built on a Wednesday too.

I knew it, I knew it........I knew my car was in a photo of what was called the first 300 waiting to be shipped. I sure hope this is true about the numbers.

NO tick, NO idle problem, NO Vibe, just 2 power window motors for the drivers side door, and one BRUTE FORCE ATTACK WEAPON.....HE HE HE.

I wouldn't be affraid of "any" model. They can all be "UNBUGGED" in a "FLASH" and as long as they were properly modified I think they are as tough as nails.

They can be abused though, and left for the unsuspecting, so be carefull. Make sure you know what a good one drives like. Too bad you can't run mine around and see, I think it's as nice as when I got it except for the noisy trans due to the aftermarket shifter. A small sacrifice to guaranteed perfect shifts.

I just spent an hour in it last night prooving how worthless stock tires are with 580HP. I love this car. It's gonna be a long time before I say I had one.......I hope.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info