• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dyno Date with new Predator

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Getting a Predator this weekend and I have an hour of dyno time scheduled. So I have a couple questions.

I know I am looking for an AFR of about 11.5 or so at higher RPMs but WHEN? 4000? 5000?

What about AFR below say, 3500?

Timing? I can't find much info about adjusting timing w/ the Predator? Better left alone?

Lastly, in a month or 3, I am going to get around to putting on a MRT catted H-pipe. Is that going to change things enough that I will need to retune? Will it make me leaner or richer?

Thanks, hopefully I keep all the pistons under the hood. I'll post graphs if I am smart enough.

G

GET READY

IF YOU HAVE PULLEY MODS AND EXHAUST YOU MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM TUNE TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. iAM RUUNING 12.5 ACROSS THE BOARD A LITTLE LEAN. BUT IAM IN THE PROCESS OF GEETING A NEW TUNE. NO DENOTATIONS. I COULD ADD FUEL BUT THE TUNES OUR FREE. MEAN WHILE JUST ADDING A LITTLE RACING FUEL, TO HELP IT OUT.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Well, I had a fun afternoon on the dyno. I don't believe it but here goes.

Bone stock at our dynoday I went 374/370. Since then I added a Magnaflow CB and K&N FIPK and last month I got the new reflash for the stall (AMZ2???).

Run 1: Drove and hour to get there and it was hot and way humid so I wasn't expecting much (shop was AC, though). With no cool down from the drive we did a baseline of 367/385 (SAE on DYNOJET). AFR was mid 11's until it took a nose dive to 10.5. I was pissed and blamed it on the heat from the drive but now I think maybe the new reflash sucks way worse than we thought. Also, I think I let off a little too soon on that run and the RPM #'s on the graph don't jive.

Run 2: Predator Perf tune out of the box- 402/385, AFR mid to low 12's
Run 3: Predator Perf tune 4% more fuel- 417/385, AFR high 11's
Run 4: Predator Perf tune 6% more fuel- 415/385, AFR mid 11's
Run 5: Predator Perf tune 3% more fuel- 454/409, AFR high 11's

The 454 comes at a spike in the line. If I guestimate a straight line I'd say it's really somewhere about 435. I am working on getting the graphs scanned.

I have never heard of numbers that high for a Predator tune and a handful of mods. I was very sceptical standing in the shop looking at the graphs, but on the way home the ass dyno confirmed that there was more power (and I am a firm disbeliever in the ass dyno).

Of course I am stoked but these numbers have to be exagerated somewhere. I think the baseline run sucked and should have been a little higher and the last run peak occured on a spike. Either way from say conservative numbers of 385 w/ stock tune to 430 with a lightly modded Predator tune? Is that possible?

BTW: I went here http://www.idc-solutions.net/ Great guys, nice shop, good prices!

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
I give up with the wife's scanner :mad:
Here's a shitty pic of the last run.

Attachments

• Run 5.jpg
    Run 5.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 53
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Wharf Rat
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list