• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Think it will hold???

Robertson Racin

Regular
Mar 2, 2004

Attachments

• 9 inch.jpg
    9 inch.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 201

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Are you staying with the Cobra brakes or going with the 10 inch GT setup or something custom?

The reason I ask is that you may want to look to the future a little. The Cobra brakes are better (11 3/4 inch) but limit the wheel size for the rear. I am now in the process of removing mine to install the GT setup so I can install 15 inch Weld XP's with a somewhat larger slick. :D :D
Its a lot easier with the diff on the floor, rather than in the car.

Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
The Cobra brakes are definitely the better choice, but I didn't think I would be going to a 15 inch rim and slick either. But here I am...

I have the Strange 10 way adjustable shocks. I guess it is as good as any.
I am still playing around dialing everything in for the rear. Right now it's the brakes and a better spring setup. Probably 4 cyl Mustang springs, I think. :confused:

I didn't go with coil overs just because I didn't feel comfortable running them on the street as much as I probably would. The coil-overs are probably the better choice for someone that will spend more time racing than driving it on the street.
That is just a personal preference.

Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Dana, with the Cobra brakes, what was the best wheel and tire combo you came up with?? I would like to find a set of cheap rims for the back, I thought someone said diamond rims?? Heard of them??? Also 26 or 28 inch tire, I'm running a 3:90.. I would love to trap 130.... I was thinking Street ET's....

I have heard of Diamond and know some people are running them, but I was also told that they wouldn't be strong enough. I don't know anything for sure about them, nothing first hand anyway. I would guess that if you were to run them, you would just have to watch them very closely for cracking around the bolt holes.

With the Cobra brakes I used Weld Pro XP's. 8.5 X 16 with 10.50 X 16 E.T. (26 inch) Streets. They went up in smoke launching at anything over 3000 RPM's. Maybe a wider (11.50)E.T .Street if they are available would be worth a try for you?

The 28 inch tire will drop you back down to a 3.55 gear, which isn't too bad, but you will loose the advantage of the 3.90's.
Maybe someone else can jump in with their experiences with the 28 inch E.T. Street?

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info