• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

#*%#?@! Dammit, stupid SES light!!!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Well, the SES light popped on today (of course when Im not driving it, and its 60miles away from home) and the preliminary thought is that the FRPS took a dump on me.

When it finally gets home (if it makes it home), Im going to check the oil to see if it smells like gas...if it does...bingo...FRPS took a dump. And if it doesnt smell like gas.....??? :dunno: WTF can I do until I get it scanned??? Arrggghhh, I wish it was here at home where I could listen to it.

First scaffolding collapses on my car, now THIS!!!! :mad: :cussing: :letitout:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
UPDATE: Car finally came back, soon as the car was off I took a sniff of the oil...smelled like gas. Waited an hour for it to cool down, sniffed again...still reeks of gas. I will be ordering TWO new FRP Sensors tomorrow morning.

Bad part is, since the only other car here is in for service, the Cobra will be driven for AT LEAST tomorrow :( And the fact that I just wasted $60 on Oil and a Filter that only lasted 20miles :mad:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Relax, its probably a o2 sensor, Jon accidentaly forgot to deprogram mine when he did my tune. He's fixin it (for free of course) thursday night. If the car runs fine and you haven't ripped the rev limiter you should be fine. Call Jon to make sure that is the case.
Damn you Andy, you were right :eek:h:

I was dumbfounded that the car idled and drove fine with the thrown code. So I finally found a AutoZone, had them scan it, and sure enough...emissions control failure :biggthump

Im so relieved :llama:

venams03

Mar 28, 2004
Hey, I had the same problem. Just had my car in for the reflash to fix the stumbling when it's cold. 2 weeks later the SES light comes on. Funny thing is it runs a little better off the cold start: doesn't hesitate and bog as much, but it still runs like it's missing. I wonder what the hell is wrong?

Went to Autozone and the code was scanned. P0133 02 sensor-slow to respond. The SES light cleared and it just came back on when I took out for a spin this evening...

Pretty friggin' agravating at this point! Anybody know if a bad 02 sensor will make the car run crappy?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info