• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stall Computer Flash - Done

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Well I finally got my computer flashed this morning with the latest code to get rid of my stall issues

I went to Sutton Ford in Matteson, and I've got to say that place is top notch. Quick, clean and friendly.

I was in and out in 15 minutes and that's including the tour of their performance shop area, I saw their in ground dyno and the SCT tuning software.

It's nice going to a dealer with all of your mods still installed :headbang: and not getting harassed or questioned.

I even reinstalled the updated Predator pulley tune while in the cover vehicle waiting area while service writers walked by looking at what I'm doing. :cool2:

I tried to make my car stall during my 30 mile commute to work, and no success :biggthump . The car feels nice and strong, and it's a relief not to have to engine brake at ever stop, and the lower idle is nice .

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
cobravenom39 said:
Where is Sutton Ford at? Are they still as gregarious to customers who didn't purchase their cars at their dealer?
This almost sounds like a Utopia, almost too good to be true!
they are in Matteson, near I57 and I80, talk to Randy... they took care of me...

even replaced my cracked 3rd brake light under warranty. :headbang:

Sutton High Performance
21315 Central Ave
Matteson, IL 60443
Phone: (708) 720-8100
E-Mail: [email protected]

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Wharf Rat said:
Just got mine done a few weeks ago. No more stalling and a FEW more MPG's! It's kinda cool to get better than 13 MPG for once.

I don't think you'll notice the better gas mileage with your pulley/tune though.
why not?

the pulley tune only changes WOT parameters... I can't continously drive with the gas floored :dunno: but I can sure try :clap:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
If I get the stall reflash done, can I reinstall my Predator tune? Or will this not work?

Oh BTW, I made it from my house all the way down to our little get together at US41 on 1/4 tank of gas!! The whole trip one way was 145 miles! Seems pretty good to me.

I used another 1/4 tank racing :eek: and almost a 1/2 tank getting home because I got stuck in very heavy traffic.

It's amazing how badly city driving with traffic kills your MPG.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
nytebyte said:
If I get the stall reflash done, can I reinstall my Predator tune? Or will this not work?

STEP 1. load the stock tune back into your car from the predator..

STEP 2. update your Predator tool software following these instructions: http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/Ford_Cobra_update.php

STEP 3. Go to dealer and have reflash done

STEP 4. Install predator tune

remember when the stock tune is loaded DO NOT GO WOT OR ABUSE THE CAR, drive it like a granny and you will be fine.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
I have been getting about 15 since the reflash. Used to be 12 to 14 or so. I can't imagine getting 17 :confused:

Part of it could be that I live in BFE and 98% of my driving is on 2 lane country back roads which are largely devoid of traffic so I can (and do) spend most of my time running ballsout. :burnout:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Cobra_Jack said:
STEP 2. update your Predator tool software following these instructions: http://www.diablosport.com/downloads/Ford_Cobra_update.php

Ok, I downloaded all the new Predator software, but I have a question.

Do I still need to go in and have Ford flash the computer with the updated "no-stall" code?

Isn't the new, updated Predator software already based on this new code from Ford? If I flash my Cobra's computer with the new Predator code, don't I get the stall fix too? If so, I wouldn't need to go to Ford and have them flash the computer.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
nytebyte said:
Ok, I downloaded all the new Predator software, but I have a question.

Do I still need to go in and have Ford flash the computer with the updated "no-stall" code?

Isn't the new, updated Predator software already based on this new code from Ford? If I flash my Cobra's computer with the new Predator code, don't I get the stall fix too? If so, I wouldn't need to go to Ford and have them flash the computer.
FOLLOW THE STEPS I OUTLINED...

the predator does not change the code revision number

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I only averaged 10MPG my first summer (no hot rod for 6 years I guess) and get about 12 usually. You know, I have an early issue car and I can't for the life of me figure out how to go about getting a tune for my CAI Cat Back only mods...any suggestions? I'm thinking of going out to Anderson Motor Sports now that I read MM&FF's article.

Please advise. I'm not after MPG and my car NEVER stalls, I just want it to function better with my mods.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Someone want to do a "Kramer" and see how far they can go after the light?

I also once drove about 10 to 15 miles with the "Low Fuel" light on and the needle on the "E" red line. When I finally filled up, I put in about 12.2 gallons. So that means there should have been 3.5 gallons still in the tank.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info