• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Another 315 question

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Ok, I have searched every forum, and have not found a definitive answer. I want to run wider tires, GD3s on my car, on 10.5 rears. I ordered the MM 1/4 inch spacers, the H&R 1" hubcentrics, I have shaved down the bolt. My Nittos fit w/o issue w/bolt mod, even when suspension is unloaded. I am relaltivly close to the IRS frame, though (1/2"). I want to put the 315's on. Should I get longer studs? Should I try AFS extended lenght lugs, even though I don't have AFS wheels (I have wheels from a company called Replica Wheels {Discount Tire}). I wonder which spacers to run? Can I lower the car w/o rubbing the fender.

Informantion overload. There is no definitive answer, and I don't want to make a costly mistake. Chicago Mike, Dana, anyone else?

slow lane

May 7, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Ok, I have searched every forum, and have not found a definitive answer. I want to run wider tires, GD3s on my car, on 10.5 rears. I ordered the MM 1/4 inch spacers, the H&R 1" hubcentrics, I have shaved down the bolt. My Nittos fit w/o issue w/bolt mod, even when suspension is unloaded. I am relaltivly close to the IRS frame, though (1/2"). I want to put the 315's on. Should I get longer studs? Should I try AFS extended lenght lugs, even though I don't have AFS wheels (I have wheels from a company called Replica Wheels {Discount Tire}). I wonder which spacers to run? Can I lower the car w/o rubbing the fender.

Informantion overload. There is no definitive answer, and I don't want to make a costly mistake. Chicago Mike, Dana, anyone else?
You should be fine with the combination of 1/4" spacers and the ground down bolt head. The 315 GSD3 has basically the same section width as the BFG 315 drag radial at 12.7", I have been runing that combo for a year and a half. This assumes your 10.5" wheels have the same backspacing as the AFS wheels, but I haven't seen any replica wheels with a different backspacing yet.

The stock lugnuts turn more than the minimum recommended number of threads with a 1/4" spacer, but extended reach nuts would not be a bad idea. If you go with the AFS extended reach lugs, you may want to lightly grease the outside of the extended part of the lug. They are a tight fit and tend to hang up inside the wheel. I tore off the extended part of two of the lugs before greasing the ends.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• cobravenom39
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list