• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car has died twice after hard runs

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
On the express way the other day at 60 mph, I downshifted the third gear and floored the throttle. I immediatel shifted to neutral at redline and depressed the brake, the car died. It happened the same way when I did it again. The car doesn't die when I shift to fourth right at redline or any other times. ONLY in that aforementioned scenario. Is this normal? Is it a FRPS? AHHHH. These cars are more high maintenance when moded than a Ferrari.

cob99

Regular
Mar 11, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
On the express way the other day at 60 mph, I downshifted the third gear and floored the throttle. I immediatel shifted to neutral at redline and depressed the brake, the car died. It happened the same way when I did it again. The car doesn't die when I shift to fourth right at redline or any other times. ONLY in that aforementioned scenario. Is this normal? Is it a FRPS? AHHHH. These cars are more high maintenance when moded than a Ferrari.
either that or it might be a spark problem andy why dont you give me a call and we can take a look at it ok andy well tal;k when you call ok bro mike

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Patient: "It hurts when I do this."

Doc: " Then don't do that."

Just a guess here, but it may be the fuel pumps are shutting down because of the high pressure level when running it up to the redline, then the sudden drop in demand because you are shifting to neutral.
If it is this, then it could probably be addressed in the tune on the Predator somehow.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info