• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Well it looks like i won't make it to MSC!

betiwin

Mar 1, 2004
Just cleaned up my car and was getting ready for tomorrow, so i decied to pull my plugs. Well my heart stoped beating. ALL of them have a small part on them with a little metal flake. They are a whitish tan all around but a small part has some shinny specks on them. The only think i can think of is last year i had a bad tune from AR that was in 13's to 12.9 at red line, I redynoed in late march with the new tune which was 11.7 with a tail pipe sniffer. Car just turned 3000 miles last week. What should i do replace the plugs, or is my motor on borrowed time? :confused: :confused:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You could try hitting the gas in a higher gear and listening for the pinging sound that detonation would give you. Of course the best way to check is to dyno again and check the A/F or get in on the A/F meter group purchase going on at Modularfords or SVTPerformance [I forget where I saw it]. You could turn the timing down a little or add some octane booster if you are worried.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list