• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

10.5 wheel question

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
I just installed my new wheels. I ordered the Chrome Cobra R's in leiu of the 03 Cobras, I wasn't sure if I would like them w/ the "New Edge" styling, but they look mint. I'm glad I got em, they look different. I also like the way the 315 Nittos fit on em. They look like they fit perfect.

ON another note, the tires are REAL close to the IRS Frame support. I mean maybe a 1/4 inch away from the tire. The bolt isn't even close to anything, even when the wheels are extended on a lift. Has any had any experience with pounding the irs frame support for more clearance. Are there any issues w/ the rear end geometry, does the steel lose rigidity after being bent.
Any help is appreciated in that I DONT wanna do spacers of any kind. 500 foot pound of torque w/my nuts not torqued down to tight makes me kinds nervous. Sorry about the long post, next time I will divide into chapters w/ a table of contents! Andy

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I've got 10.5's in the back with 315/30/18 Micheliin Pilot Sports..

5,000+ trouble free miles with a 1/4 inch spacer

I just check to see if the lug nuts are torqued down properly every once in a while....

in my opinion, as long as the lug nuts are torqued to 100ft/pd you have no problem at all with spacers

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra_Jack said:
they are the infamous UNDY spacers...

check SVTP for the gory details on that one

I have tried every way to get a hold of this Undy and his new proxy for these spacers, Raymond. These guys are MIA, and now I'm screwed to get these spacers. How much better are they than MM spacers? Should I just buy the MMs anyways? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mustangs are supposed to have the best aftermarket support, but AFS and other wheel manufacturures still haven't addressed this problem yet. This f*ckin' sucks d!ck!

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I'm not sure whether the MM's are as good or better...

but I do know that Maximum has some of the best and highest quality products on the market.. everything they sell and make is top notch..

I wouldn't hesitate to use their spacers... I had over $3K worth of their suspension components on my '91 Notch, and every bolt and nut was perfect

give them a call and see what they say

cobravenom39 said:
I have tried every way to get a hold of this Undy and his new proxy for these spacers, Raymond. These guys are MIA, and now I'm screwed to get these spacers. How much better are they than MM spacers? Should I just buy the MMs anyways? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mustangs are supposed to have the best aftermarket support, but AFS and other wheel manufacturures still haven't addressed this problem yet. This f*ckin' sucks d!ck!

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
The problem with MM's 1/4" spacers is they are NOT hubcentric, they are LUGCENTRIC. This means the spacer puts extra stress on the lug nuts which is not good.

I too have the Undy spacer money order for $90 out to Ray. So does Tito. We have been waiting 1.5 months on them. He will not return calls. So I don't know if it's just a matter or waiting or what...

I did contact Fred Goeske from WheelAdapters.com and he is willing to make the 1/4" hubcentric wheel spacers, but he needs to know how to design the lip so he requires some additional measurements of the wheel back, the diameter of the hub and spacing....

Cobra_Jack said:
I'm not sure whether the MM's are as good or better...

but I do know that Maximum has some of the best and highest quality products on the market.. everything they sell and make is top notch..

I wouldn't hesitate to use their spacers... I had over $3K worth of their suspension components on my '91 Notch, and every bolt and nut was perfect

give them a call and see what they say

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
MM had this to say about their 1/4" lugcentrics:

Mike,
A 1/4 inch hubcentric wheel spacer is not possible due to the thickness. The wheel spacer must be at least 1/2 inch to allow for hubcentricity. A correctly manufactured lugcentric spacer will work without problems. We run the 1/4 inch spacers on all of our race cars without incident, these are raced at 150 mph and cornering at 1.5 g's. You will not break studs with a 1/4 inch spacer. We have stacked (2) 1/4" spacers on the race cars prior to our recently manufactured 1/2" hubcentric spacer, without any problems.

Order Desk
Maximum Motorsports Inc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info