• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

need help fuel pressure drops!!!

V

venmousracer

took my car to get a custom dyno tune using my sct chip, car is makin 438rwhp on a mustang dyno around 5 grand then falls to its face, at around 5 grand and beyond the fuel pressure drops to 40psi, my tuner tried to tune around but no he can't will be checking the pumps soon any ideas its makin 438 at 5 grand then hits a wall, any help would be great. eddie

V

venmousracer

you guys think its a pump, yea at a stop the car hauls ass but then when it gets to the high rpm the car pulls slow and feels slow, so i take it 2 get tune and it turns out at 5 grand the car is at 40psi and won't pull pass 5 grand, hopefully it a pump if so i guess ill upgrade to focus pumps, thanx eddie oh yea sutton performance is doing the custom tune

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
During my last dyno, I began losing fuel pressure above 5000rpm's.
It dipped down to 32psi and was falling. This is with Twin Cobra pumps fitted for my Marauder! Well, Jerry W. fixed this problem by keeping the alternator engaged at WOT. The extra 2 volts or so getting to the pumps was good for 6-8 psi, keeping the pressure to at least 39 psi at the high rpm's.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
venmousracer said:
you guys think its a pump, yea at a stop the car hauls ass but then when it gets to the high rpm the car pulls slow and feels slow, so i take it 2 get tune and it turns out at 5 grand the car is at 40psi and won't pull pass 5 grand, hopefully it a pump if so i guess ill upgrade to focus pumps, thanx eddie oh yea sutton performance is doing the custom tune

What happened with the pressure after 5000?

Dana

V

venmousracer

fuel pressure after 5,000 rpm would go from 70 to 40 psi and dropping, the problem was, the pumps were working fine, But! for the power the motor was making,the pumps did not have enough volume to support the engine, the fix was to swap in twin focus pumps. at redline the air/fuel is at 11.6 6800 rpm, the guys at sutton know what they are doing never seen a ford dealer with a dyno, now I have at sutton ford I will not trust anybody except sutton ford! trust me no one around here, and i live in the aurora/naperville area know there stuff like they do plus they are a ford dealer with a dyno you can't go wrong, my car made sae on a mustang dyno 440 rwhp and at 2500 rpm i was at 465 torque and as flat till 5300 rpm, my mods are
2.8 pulley
c/l maf with 12 inch filter
x-pipe no cats
bassani catback
373 gear with solid axle swap
99 cobra flywheel with 03 center force dual clutch
future mods coming very soon!
upgraded injectors and maf and a 135 wet shot of the giggle gas along with long tubes with matching x-pipe, throttle body with plenium maybe ported blower and a retuned at sutton performance! eddie

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I still think one of the pumps was bad or going bad and installing the Focus pumps cured the problem because the bad pump was replaced, not because you needed more volume.(not that more volume is a bad thing!!).
With the stock pumps, you still should have had a little room left in them at your HP level especially at only 5000 RPM.

If you still have the original pumps, why not test them out. You may even be able to tell if one is bad by listening to it run.
Anyway, whatever the fix was, glad it worked for you.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• V
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list