• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

RPMoutlet's new COG Pulley kit

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I think the product is great... yes expensive, but wow 0 slip.. and looks intimidating as hell! I agree with Kts. wait to see what else comes out... you figure though for an extra 400 bucks non slip would be a good idea, look at it as the difference between a chip and let say the sct racer pkg... so it may just be worth it.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Yeah, I'd rather have a little slip just in case. Like what if something happened where the upper pulley seized up, it would then choke the lower pulley or something ... I guess people are all excited about the COG pulley setup because of the sound it's supposed to make. I say get a gatorback + billetflow pulley (tru-grip if that) and call it a day.

That's still a lot of money for a pulley kit - and RPMOutlet hasn't been the best place to buy from according to others...

Flyn high again said:
You have to be careful with cog pulleys. With no slip you can break things. I may be wrong, but I don't think too many guys use them on the street.

GRNENVY

Apr 25, 2004
zero slip

I had a cog system on my 9sec vortech car and I would never run one on my 03 cobra. I really don't think that the eaton would last to long due to the cogs jerkeyness, it does'nt give. I think it could really mess the blower up and possible the crank shaft. I had two keyways installed in the crankshaft due to stress that the cog system producess. I would go with a ten rib setup before a cog system on a street car, a race car is definitly a differant story.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
GRNENVY said:
I had a cog system on my 9sec vortech car and I would never run one on my 03 cobra. I really don't think that the eaton would last to long due to the cogs jerkeyness, it does'nt give. I think it could really mess the blower up and possible the crank shaft. I had two keyways installed in the crankshaft due to stress that the cog system producess. I would go with a ten rib setup before a cog system on a street car, a race car is definitly a differant story.

I agree wholeheartidly. The ten rib would reduce slip to a minimum, but would still leave some room for error.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info