• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Idler qualms

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
Ok, anyone who was at the march Mokena get together and remembers Dan installing the 2.80 pulley on my car might remember the issue with the RPM/Motoblue 100mm idler that was installed along with it. The issue was this:

The RPM idler bracket did not appear to be machined correctly and the belt rode along the inside edge of the pulley instead of lining up in the middle.

I drove the car for about 3000 miles since then and haven't had a problem yet. However, to prevent one in the future I went ahead and bought the 100mm upper idler and bracket from billetflow. Attached are some pictures after I installed the billetflow idler and bracket. The first picture isn't anything special, just to show that it is the billetflow setup. After looking at the side view you can see that I'm dealing with the same issue again. The third picture is of the 2.5" idler below the upper 100mm idler and as you can see the belt rides along the inside edge of that pulley too. I'm thinking maybe it was the upper 2.8" pulley that was made wrong.

Attachments

• billetflowidlerfront.jpg
    billetflowidlerfront.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 66
  • billetflowidlerside.jpg
    billetflowidlerside.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 15idlertop.jpg
    15idlertop.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 61

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
dun4791 said:
Just a thought could the aluminum bracket that allows the pullys to be mounted be warped? Was this car bought new-Been in a front end collision? When we were at Bowling Green last year there was a car that had the same problem and the aluminum mount on the engine was cracked. Probably not it but just asking

I bought the car new and it hasn't been in any kind of collision. There's been at least two other people that I know of that had the same problem with the RPM setup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• KTs03
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list