• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

AMZ1- Is it worth the new flash?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Well there was a thread started on Modular Fords about this... and many have put up their dyno sheets... some interesting facts being brought up.

1) A/F across the board Richer
2) Looks like Ford richens up the A/F at 6k...
3) At 6k... power seems to die off
4) Some reports of loss of power on same dyno machines about 30hp.

I think some of these have to do with why my car feels the way it does along with the belt slip.

Check it out:

Click Here

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Carl, these can be adjusted with a new tune such as Predator, SCT, chip, etc. It is just disappointing that they did that.... at least it explains the SS race, I really was shocked and expected to pull on him but didn't

Why do you think you are still having issues with sensor? Did your check engine light come back on?

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
The light hasn't come back on. But the car seems to be falling on its face right at or before 6000 rpms, which is what it did on the dyno the day the sensor blew. When I got the senosr fixed I also got the flash, so now I am thinking it may be the flash and not the sensor. I don't normally ride it out that far anyways, but I didn't think it should do that until I hit the limiter, which I thought was around 6500.

So I don't know.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
It's not the sensor, it's definitely the flash... check out the dyno sheets on the thread, they are all doing the same thing. Time for the predator/ SCT... that will cure it. Of course you could ask them to reflash what you had... think they would?

SVTspeed

Apr 26, 2004
Some of the drop offs at the top end are a few "over temp" variables thar Ford has. They should be very apparent when the car is pretty warm. The latest preadator would not adjust 100% for that, depending on who does a custom file and what templates they have it would have the fix. Not sure about the SCT. I don't think there are templates out for the stall fix calibration, I'll check to see how that is doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info