• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Electric fan mod

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
79KTs03 said:
Has anyone tried the electric cooling fan mod on their 03/04? I saw a write up on it for a 99 and was wondering if anyone tried it on an 03/04.

If you are referring to the manual override of the radiator cooling fans, yes, it works. I have it on mine, along with the intercooler pump and heat exchanger fans. Very simple mods.
A warning though, if you leave it on too long with the engine not running,it WILL kill your battery.

Dana

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
Gotcha. Have you swapped out the belt driven water pump for an electric also? I was considering going with the Meziere kit or adding an inline booster pump from SPA so I could flow water with the engine off. Reasoning for adding the inline booster instead of switching to a sole electric pump being that a few folks I've talked to don't want to rely only on an electric pump and feel safer with a belt driven pump and using the booster as an auxiliary to flow water while the engine is not running. Any thoughts?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
79KTs03 said:
Gotcha. Have you swapped out the belt driven water pump for an electric also? I was considering going with the Meziere kit or adding an inline booster pump from SPA so I could flow water with the engine off. Reasoning for adding the inline booster instead of switching to a sole electric pump being that a few folks I've talked to don't want to rely only on an electric pump and feel safer with a belt driven pump and using the booster as an auxiliary to flow water while the engine is not running. Any thoughts?

I have the Meziere electric pump. No problems so far. But unless they have modified their setup, you have to mod the crossover brace on the front of the motor so the pump pulley will clear. Not a big deal, but if they made the pulley narrower, it could be avoided.
I have the details if you decide to do it.
Meziere also said that they expect at least 3 years of daily driving without a problem. That translates to about 10 years for me.
The auxiliary electric pump is a good idea if failure is a concern, but would the flow of the extra pump be restricted or hindered by the presence of the stock pump and its impeller?

Plus, by retaining the stock pump, you are giving up one of the main benefits of the electric pump which is gaining back the HP used to drive the stock pump. Probably around 8 or 10 HP.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• KTs03
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list