• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Carbon Fiber Inserts

Which inserts should I buy?

• Carbon Fiber w/Aluminum Trim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm thinking of Carbon Fiber inserts for my DSG Cobra. Here's what they look like:

album1011007.jpg

Here's a pic of Mugger's car. I bet they would look even better on DSG.

1996Picture_031-med.jpg

There are also stainless steel and black inserts.

store_cobra_s.jpg
Cobra_Rear.jpg

Which ones should I buy?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I never really looked at the Carbon Fiber ones before they look sweet. I think the biggest question would be what are you going to do to your car going forward. Ie. You have chrome rims, do you want the aluminum trim, will it clash with anything on the car? Are you going to add chrome anywhere else? I like how Tim's car looks, but the blue looks sweet with the chrome. I like the carbon fiber for DSG, you just have to think about it... Black? Everyone has black... I think Black would look good on Hanks car... ;0)

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004
Inserts

Flyin,

I am a brand new registered user (as of today) so take my opinion as the newbie input that it is.....When I bought my '03 DSG used a few months ago it had the carbon inserts- top one in your picture. I took them off right away as the white outline overpowered the carbon fiber look. Subtle difference but not to my liking. I prefer no insert but in my opinion the carbon without the white outline will blend much better.

SVL77
'03 DSG
Darn near stock...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
SVL77 said:
Flyin,

I am a brand new registered user (as of today) so take my opinion as the newbie input that it is.....When I bought my '03 DSG used a few months ago it had the carbon inserts- top one in your picture. I took them off right away as the white outline overpowered the carbon fiber look. Subtle difference but not to my liking. I prefer no insert but in my opinion the carbon without the white outline will blend much better.

SVL77
'03 DSG
Darn near stock...

Welcome to the site. Thanks for your opinion. We're having a get together on Saturday if you want to meet us in person. Check this out if you are interested. http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?goto=newpost&t=568

SVL77

Quiet Member
May 4, 2004

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
How about turning Mugger's car in the first pic from black to DSG? I have to find the instruction book to my paintshop program. I have a hard time doing layers and I've forgotten how to select an area. I really want the carbon fiber just to be different from the other Cobras. It took me a year to decide on an exhaust so this probably won't be a quick decision either...

Thanks for the help! :headbang:

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
CobraSusie said:
Cliff, I think the carbon fiber would be subtle, but nice.

Andy the carbon fiber would rock on red !

Wish I could have found them when I was looking :dunno:
The black looks good, and mixes the top etc. with my car but the carbon fiber on orange YUMMY :headbang:

i went with the semi gloss black on mine, sticker dude hooked it up for 20 bucks and did a sweet job. i'd have to see the carbon fiber in person though..

bike%20pics%20june%2005%20007.jpg

Cobratom

Regular
May 14, 2004
Flyn high again said:
I'm thinking of Carbon Fiber inserts for my DSG Cobra. Here's what they look like:

album1011007.jpg

Here's a pic of Mugger's car. I bet they would look even better on DSG.

1996Picture_031-med.jpg

There are also stainless steel and black inserts.

store_cobra_s.jpg
Cobra_Rear.jpg

Which ones should I buy?

Nice to see that SS Inserts still has the picture of my Cobra parked in the garage on their website!

Thread Info