• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Gauges/ Pillar Bezel, Lunar?

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
Flatliner said:
Can someone point me in the direction of what pillar pod they are using? Also saw a bezel that holds two guages near the instrument cluster... I would like to buy something without having to paint it, but if I have to, I have to...

You will most likely have to paint just about anything, especially if you want it to match.

I'm using the 3 pod pillar from autometer. You can look it up on there site.

I'm running the Boost, Fuel, and Oil pressure in that pod.

The pod you are talking about is also from autometer. Will have to be painted if you want it to match. Make sure you get the one for the 03-04 model.

The only thing I don't like about it, is that you have to take your eyes from the road for too long to see what the guage is reading. But I would most likely put something down there that isn't as important.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Thanks Tim Thanks for the info.

I want the Bezel for inconspicuos look and was going to have a switch to shut light off if necessary. I am waiting for that new pillar mount that is being designed by someone ove on svtp, however I would like to mount these guages somewhere for now... eventually I can replace them with temp guages I hope or something like that.

Thanks for your input... are you running the lunars? Did you put a resistor in there to limit down the brightness?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Pillar Pod Lunars

Here is a picture of Danas gauges on the pillar with Lunars

Attachments

• DSC01124.jpg
    DSC01124.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 72

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
For those that may be interested, I purchased the paint for the gauge pods from Ford and it is a good match.
Part # M4JZ-19M547-1074H
Midnight Black interior dash color.
Laquer.
Dries in about 10 seconds. I gave Tim's and mine about 6 coats and they look great.

Dan

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
Dana said:
For those that may be interested, I purchased the paint for the gauge pods from Ford and it is a good match.
Part # M4JZ-19M547-1074H
Midnight Black interior dash color.
Laquer.
Dries in about 10 seconds. I gave Tim's and mine about 6 coats and they look great.

Dan

What he said.. Go to the dealer and have them order you a can. It cost me 13 bucks I think and it came the next day. Expensive for a can of spray paint but trying to find a match for the interior anywhere else is a headache inducing waste of time and money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info