• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mod friendly dealers?

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Does anybody know any mod Friendly Ford SVT dealers in the area (Roselle to Naperville)? I bough my 03 at Fair Oaks and they seemed really harsh about mods. I am planning a lot for the car and want to know what mods are ok for warranty or undectectable by dealers.

Any input would be great.

UPR CAI - done
18" chrome bullits - done
Catback and x-pipe - soon
Flash tuner - soon
Pulley - soon

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
Flatliner said:
I didn't buy my car from them... although they had the sonic blue I wanted. The sales guy was an @ss... and I bought my car an hour later from Arlington Hgts. Ford.

I think that of most sales guys, dumb fucks that don't know shit about what they sell.
If that was my livelyhood I would know the product inside-out wouldn't you?

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Flatliner - I wanted the same sonic that sat there for months but when I got enough cash it wash gone. My next choice was the sliver 10th coupe since I dug the red leather. I bought it on the net since they gave me the best pice (31k) a month ago and I did'nt want to deal with Johnny Sales Guy - who knows nothing.

I bought extened warranty or just drivetrain since I thought that is what I would bust.
Just hope I don't void it with mods.

Thanks for the input guys.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I was there July 31, 2004, walked up, told them I was interested in the sonic blue. Joe Schmuck, older, very business like man, greets me very politely actually and treats me well, tells me he is going to get the keys.

My adrenaline was pumping... I am waiting outside, he walks out and as he opens the door, he tells me... ya know, we don't sell these at invoice on these things, matter of fact we sell them at a premium. I say, I am ready to buy right now... and he says, sorry can't help ya. I looked at him, and said are you serious, he says yes...

I look at him and say thanks for nothing, I can't believe you are letting me walk... ( I actually said this) got in my truck and left pretty po'd. Called arlington hgts told the guy, I am willing to buy right now... and guess what it took me 30 min. to drive there, test drove for 15 min, and had a deal at 800 under invoice. 33.8 if I remember correctly... not the sonic blue though, but who cares I LOVE MY CAR.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND FAIR OAKS FORD IN NAPERVILLE FOR ANYTHING WITH THIS ONE EXPERIENCE EVER
The sad part is that this was my 5th Ford, and the families upteenth one... only reason I didn't buy from Madden was that they don't sell them...
Willowbrook who my family has bought many cars, and I had bought 1 from... believe it or not, ignored me when I walked in to find more information out, so I walked out and went to fair oaks... and you know the rest

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
SidekickDSG said:
I agree... we should do a cruise with all of us, pull in, rev the engines, and all flick them off in the showroom as we drive by in the parking lot.

Then and only then I will have closuer... anybody up for this? I would LOVE to get this on video! I could set up Kari to be there before we come in the parking lot and then have her start recording video... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Andy, Carl, NW suburban Mustangs...
:soapbox:
WHO's IN WITH ME... :spaz:

:invasion: :invasion:
:rl:
:laser:
:SP:

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Flatliner said:
I agree... we should do a cruise with all of us, pull in, rev the engines, and all flick them off in the showroom as we drive by in the parking lot.

Then and only then I will have closuer... anybody up for this? I would LOVE to get this on video! I could set up Kari to be there before we come in the parking lot and then have her start recording video... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Andy, Carl, NW suburban Mustangs...
:soapbox:
WHO's IN WITH ME... :spaz:

:invasion: :invasion:
:rl:
:laser:
:SP:

Sounds like fun! Count me in.

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
I'm not totally sure Eric but I've been there for stuff and they know about my mods and they havent been a problem yet but then again the issues i have havent been related to the mods so that may change if something happens to the motor. (crosses fingers)

J

johnnyangel

Fair Oaks...I just bought my 03 black on black vert there...they gave me a great deal, and to be honest, we're very willing to work with me. Now, this is in the context of me being 18. They weren't complete assholes (read: Victor Ford) and talked with me. The service department is also good, I have a good friend who works in there, and my cars been in there with some obvious mods, and no problems yet. Then again, the theory of it hasn't been in there because of something that was caused by a mod comes to mind, but oh well...so far so good. I might drive by and give the finger just to get a kick outta ruining someones day though. hahaha

03CobraCCC

Mar 22, 2004
whats the dealership in naperville with the Dyno? Id go there Eric...

Packey Webb is pretty good, i know the service manager John pretty well, and he knows SVT's, so it puts your mind at ease.

I havent taken my car there yet since i got the pulley, and chip....so i donno what they'd do....BTW, my right halfshaft is starting to "tink", they replaced the left one before when that one was doing it.....im still pondering if i should go through the hassle to demod for that....

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
My car is at Fair Oaks right now, oil change, rattle in the door, and to check the rear end for leaks.

I only have a UPR CAI, & 18" bullits on it right now. The next time I bring it in I should have my prochamber, mac 3" cat back, c&l MA, Ported TB, pulley, JLT CAI, and preator tune. Just waiting for the parts to come in. We will see what they say then. I bought the 7yr/75 warranty so hopefully I won't loose it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info