• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fired up the car today! First time since 08/03.

93#3989

Mar 3, 2004
Took the Cobra out for a spin (Sat. 4/10) this afternoon. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the car. It was entertaining to see some of the people in other cars get annoyed or trying to see the interior.

One girl in a cavalier got all ticked off because the car is a little loud and she was on her cell phone. Bummer. NOT!

There were a bunch of times where I could see in the rear view mirror some guys trying to check out the interior and the gauges. Fun stuff.

This was the first time I had driven it since last August or so.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
7 months......you have better patience than me sir. I said Fuck it after 3 months and knowingly beat her around with a lean condition :p Just had to pony up for some 100 octane :biggthump

I hope the weather stays good so you dont have to put her back in storage :cool1:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
[QUOTE='93#3989]Took the Cobra out for a spin (Sat. 4/10) this afternoon. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the car. It was entertaining to see some of the people in other cars get annoyed or trying to see the interior.

One girl in a cavalier got all ticked off because the car is a little loud and she was on her cell phone. Bummer. NOT!

There were a bunch of times where I could see in the rear view mirror some guys trying to check out the interior and the gauges. Fun stuff.

This was the first time I had driven it since last August or so.[/QUOTE]Schmitty? :confused:

93#3989

Mar 3, 2004
CobraSusie- Yes it is. The car has changed a lot since you saw it last.

Scream'n95Cobra- Have some pictures taken while doing the install. Nothing of the exterior(in a clean state). I am working on that. Maybe you guys will have some kind of meet before MSC where someone will have one of those digital video cameras.

93#3989

Mar 3, 2004
UPDATE - Problems, grrrrrh

Got stranded yesterday. One of the fuel pumps overheated and got flaky on me. Checked fuel pressure and things have gone from 50psi to 23psi. So, now I am looking into fuel pumps to see just what will work well. Fortunately, it was only a few mile walk. It still sucked, of course. I'm sure it built a lot of character as the parents would say.

CobraSusie- I did get some work done, though I really haven't told anyone exactly what.(rather keep them guessing) :)
I'm kinda just doing a bunch of shake down runs with the car at this point to see what I can break. This is why the fuel pump failing really doesn't bother me that much. I remember you liked the acceleration the car had before, it now has significantly more power. I'm also starting to look at brake and suspension setups. Will probably do that this winter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info